The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

deerskin_1-3309322619-1626249945380.jpeg

Deerskin (Quentin Dupieux) - Enjoyed it a lot, comical in an absurd way, and good performances

image-w1280.jpg

One Week (Buster Keaton) - Excellent, has a childlike surreal quality to it, looks visually good as well

image-w1280.jpg?1521997506

A Day in the Country (Jean Renoir) - Great film, has a lot of charm to it, all the performances were great

3 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

Watched Men last night and it was so **** weird but I think I liked it.....I think

If that's what your heart desires then go for it buddy . Be you.

• Haha 3

Finally seen Elvis - which I thought was fantastic. The film itself is great - if I have a critiscm it's that film is almost totally about his relationship with his dodgy manager.

The Trailer for Thor was hilarious - I genuinely thought it was spoof or an ad for an ice lolly !

I gave up on marvel some years ago - but I don't think I've seen a trailer so off putting as this - it looks a feckin awful film.

On 31/05/2022 at 10:17, villa4europe said:

You watched the movies that made us episode on it on Netflix? 

Worth 30 mins of your time 

Got round to watching this. 

I did enjoy it because JP is so interesting, but **** me I hate that series. It’s such a great idea for a series but the way it’s edited and narrated and presented is utterly bizarre. It’s like watching You’ve Been Framed

mommie-dearest.jpg

Mommie Dearest (Frank Perry) - Worked as a sort of What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? type horror, but lost it's way in the second half

500full.jpgtumblr_p5wmae35vm1snmmclo1_500.gifv

Ménilmontant (Dimitri Kirsanoff) - Great film with a sort of experimental feel but also with a storyline to follow, Nadia Sibirskaïa dazzled as the main actor.

papersoldier.jpeg

Paper Soldier (Aleksey German Jr.) - Very good, great cinematography, sound design, and performances by the lead actors, very similar in style to the films of his father.

• Like 1

Just back from Elvis and Thought it was very good. It was typically Baz Luhman but it worked and worked well.

Both main leads were very good, even though Col. Tom Parker was portrayed in a slightly pantomime manner.

But the sound, editing and costumes were spot on. I'd watch it again

• Like 1

the-life-aquatic-with-steve-zissou.gif

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (Wes Anderson) - Visually charming, with some amusing dialogue along the way, all the cast played their roles well

693801a4bd0b52fffac95336369f379c55bb02cf

The Fabulous Baron Munchausen (Karel Zemen) - Enchanting visuals and an obvious influence on the above

tumblr_likrafr6xX1qc42blo1_500.gifv

Happy End (Oldřich Lipský) - At the start of the film a man is executed, but he experiences his life backwards, good film with lots of clever ideas

• Like 1

Ive just seen one of the best pandemic films ive ever seen id highly recommend it if you like abit of gore.

Its called the sadness and its a taiwan film with subs. Its absolutely mental

Screenshot_20220708-215017_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

On 26/06/2022 at 21:32, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

One of the most brilliantly disturbing movies I've seen in a long time.

If you like horror, then watch this as soon as you can :thumb:

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive just seen one of the best pandemic films ive ever seen id highly recommend it if you like abit of gore.

Its called the sadness and its a taiwan film with subs. Its absolutely mental

Ahem...

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Ahem...

Mate i cant believe how unbelievably good this film is. 

It actually scares the shit out of u

Spoiler

That train scene is absolutely mental

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Mate i cant believe how unbelievably good this film is. 

Takes a fair bit to phase my horror soaked desensitised soul these days, but that movie managed it.

Â