The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

5 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Ticket booked for the weekend so good to know it's enjoyable. 

It’s so much fun and totally bonkers. All the jokes land and the pace of it is, relentless. Brad Pitt is great and it looks good too.

The negative reviews have reinforced my belief that critics just aren’t worth bothering with these days. I still have a gander at Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes, but I look at the see score, rather than the critics. 

On 04/08/2022 at 08:23, villa4europe said:

my first thought was fair to Murphy thats a big role but then i thought about it and he's already done dunkirk, batman and inception with Nolan so they must get on

he'll still never beat sunshine as his best film

I think Cillian Murphy is an excellent actor and I think he's definitely worthy of a role like that. Sunshine is terrific too. Looking forward to this Oppenheimer film..

On 04/08/2022 at 09:21, Designer1 said:

Joker 2 confirmed for a release date of 4th October 2024.

Personally dont think it needed a sequel, but hopefully it'll be a worthy follow up.

Teaser trailer...

I gave "The Grey Man" a go. It was hard work, I had to put a half - time in for myself. I mean, I get a having a bit of plagiarism, but to steal every scene from the spy film catalogue is stretching it a bit. As for the writing, as much as I admire Billy Bob even he must have cringed at delivering such lines as, " If you touch her, I'll exterminate you". Even poor Doctor Who got plagiarized.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I gave "The Grey Man" a go. It was hard work, I had to put a half - time in for myself. I mean, I get a having a bit of plagiarism, but to steal every scene from the spy film catalogue is stretching it a bit. As for the writing, as much as I admire Billy Bob even he must have cringed at delivering such lines as, " If you touch her, I'll exterminate you". Even poor Doctor Who got plagiarized.

Happened to me too. Had to turn it off yesterday because it got so stupid. Saw the rest today and not impressed.

Just now, NoelVilla said:

Happened to me too. Had to turn it off yesterday because it got so stupid. Saw the rest today and not impressed.

That's mad because I'm going to finish it in a bit myself even though I know it will be kryptonite. Once I've started something,  I'm quite anal like that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Teaser trailer...

Not keen on a sequel as not sure where they can go with it as the first one is pretty complete. Also not keen on Gaga but who knows. 

3-from-hell-poster.jpeg

Tonight's watch, I bought this on bluray on the day it came out, I enjoyed it, nowhere near as good as 1000 corpses or Devils but it was alright, time I revisited it though, I only ever watched it the one time.

If I remember it rightly Baby managed to to ramp up the irritating from 10 to 100 and it was just such a shame that Sid was too ill to feature in it other than one scene at the very start, Captain Spaulding is iconic, as was Sid Haig himself.

Also, I'm pretty sure there was a midget in the film...dunno why I felt the need to say that but the little fella plays quite a big role 

• Like 1

Prey is brilliant 

Maybe if I was looking for a criticism I'd say he's overpowered but that's minor, it got more cool moments than any Predator film for me, the native Indian stuff really worked and if anything it felt almost like they tried to examine their lore and culture rather than the predators which is all it needs, great action sequences, some ropey cgi here and there

Definitley the 2nd best Predator film ever made 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Just about to watch this again. Absolutely sublime movie.

spacer.png

Think I tried this when it first came out but didn't finish it for some reason or other. Need to give it another go. 

1 hour ago, Bizzzle said:

Watched Prey last night and thought it was pretty good 7/10

I watched it last night too and thought it was pretty decent. Not on the level of the original but probably the 2nd best in the franchise (low bar to beat). I'd be happy to watch again and interested in any sequels. 

• Like 1

Orphanposter.jpg

Todays watch, another one to just have on while I'm noodling about on the guitar, been a few years since I've seen it, I remember really enjoying it the first time round, I read recently that they are doing a sequel to it as well

Â