The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

My moneys on Tom Hardy.

No chance IMO.  His career is way too successful to have his hands tied by that franchise.  He'd be mental to go near it.

He's far too good for that tiresome shite.

really ?

his mad max was dreadful , his Bane nearly ruined batman and the less said about his kray Twins the better

i can't comment on his acting in Bronson as I switched it off about 30 mins in as it was a pile of poo

so you could say so far I'm not a fan 

Yes, really.

Mad Max was imo one of the best action movies of the last decade. Hardy didn't have a great deal of dialogue but he was brilliant in the role.

How on earth his Bane 'ruined' Batman is beyond me unless you are talking about the awful sound mix on his voice? apart from that once again it was a role that required expressive physicality more than anything else (which Hardy is more than capable of).

Calling Bronson a 'pile of poo' is quite frankly laughable.

The only thing I will agree with is re.Legend. His Ronnie was laughably bad.

I really hope he doesn't squander his talent by being tethered to a franchise as dull as Bond, but i've always made no secret of the fact that I **** hate James Bond.

No ..it's called having an opinion 

I managed to sit through Hudson Hawk without switching it off so for Bronson to last 30 minutes is all you need to know about how bad I thought it was .... I'd heard great things about it , maybe I just wasn't in the mood as I just couldn't get into it

Mad Max one of the best actions films of the last decade :mellow: ... even if I only watched one action film in the last decade it still wouldn't win the award   ... it was spectacularly shot ..but ultimately it was thin on plot and rather dull  ...

I guess that's what makes  films so great , everything is subjective and everyone can have an opinion  .... but personally I'd rather watch Laurel and Hardy than Tom Hardy 

I've been in a log cabin the last few days and watched loads of movies.

Bad Neighbours - pretty funny - 9.5/10

Admission - pretty funny - 9.5/10

Jeff who lives at home - pretty funny - 9.5/10

This is 40 - pretty funny - 9.5/10

Guilt Trip - pretty funny - 9.5/10

Vacation - pretty funny - 9.5/10

Jurassic World - DINOSAURS - 19.5/10

• Like 1

Finally got around to seeing this last night. Was supposed to see it months ago at a preview but work got in the way. Really enjoyed the visuals, even if the story was a bit all over the place.

slow-west-poster_zpsjvqo9vyu.jpg

Also got round to this recently too. One of the most heartbreaking documentaries I've seen in a long while. I know a lot of people will have no sympathy for her but when you see how messed up she was and how little support she got, it's little wonder she went under. 

amy_zps28gs7guv.jpg

Edited by choffer
Original pic was huge.

Still would suck farts out of her underpants tho (Bellucci)

Yeah. 

But it really seemed like they signed her up for the movie, and then said:

"Ah, we don't actually have a character for her to play. Let's just shove a 5 minute scene in here"

"Hang on, you've not put any sex in there"

"Ah right, I'll add one more line... 'and then they have sex'. There, done! Let's get lunch"

Documentary types - keep an eye out for this on a screen near you. Heavy doesn't begin to describe it. Still, amazingly, it'll make you laugh somewhere along the way. 

I'd not heard of Barry Crimmins yesterday. I'll be telling everyone about him tomorrow.

http://cdn.traileraddict.com/content/unknown/call_me_lucky.jpg

Got around to watching Spectre tonight. Craig is by far my favorite bond but even he couldn't save it. A terrible mess of a film which was more like an updated version of a Roger Moore Bond.

The plot was poor and full of holes. Two bond sex scenes were shoe horned in out of nowhere that completed upset the pace and believability of the scenes and hurt the movie. 

Very disappointing.

21 Grams (2003)

I enjoyed watching this film a few nights back .It had a good storyline and is certainly worth a look .7/10

Yep Alejandro González Iñárritu is a brilliant director. Amorres Perros, Babel and Biutiful are great films too.

• Like 1

:(

As a massive fan of the world of Azeroth that has left me massively underwhelmed.

I had high hopes with Bowie Jnr in the director seat but the whole thing looks poor so far.

Edited by Designer1

That looks absolutely dreadful.

It does doesn't it? I mean, as a fan I was expecting to be picky but then as I was watching the trailer, the movie critic kicked in and I started to think ' OK, I know this is something i've wanted to see for around a decade, but **** me that looks kinda crap'.

Deflated :(

I've never had any connection to Warcraft, so I'm not best placed to criticise it, but I always felt that the games style was a very rote pulp fantasy set up with lore that no-one overly cares about, which makes a movie struggle to appeal on anything other than the IP name pulling fans in.

And that appears to be exactly what that is.

A lot of that weird recent development of CGI costing silly money that still look shit in that trailer too.

Got flop written all over it.

Â