The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Finally saw Jurassic World at the weekend. 

There are dinosaurs. They eat people. Visually its fine but it felt just as cold and planned as the park itself before it all goes tits up. 

And the body-cooling, stealth camouflaging super dinosaur is bullshit of the highest order. 

6/10

• Like 1

The-Falling%2Bposter.jpg

Very interesting movie and it's nice to see something with a bit of originality for a change.

If you're familiar with Nicolas Roeg's work then the visual style (and indeed the themes) will strike a chord with you.

Don't really know what to think about Mad Max - Fury Road. On one hand, it was visually stunning and a complete adrenalin ride but on the other hand, plot-wise it was light-weight and undercooked.

Cracking stunts and vehicle design too but couldn't say I loved it.

My thoughts too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Watched this yesterday. Knew nothing about it, just did a google for good Netflix movies.

Very good. Loads of tension and some really nice shots. Gets weird at the end, in a good way.

If you go back through this thread you will see myself and probably D1 bigging this film up. I really enjoyed it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Watched Love.  All I'll say is make damn sure the kids are out of the room before the very first scene starts :o

A proper load of old pretentious wank.

I think Irreversible is a masterpiece but i've struggled with anything he's done since.

• Like 1

I found the scene cut method to be incredibly annoying. The black screen jump from one clip to the next was too long, over-done and noticeable to the point of distraction. Definitely agree on the pretentious thing. But then it was a Cannes festival film so it was always going to be up its own arse figuratively if not literally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Watched 30 mins of this yesterday, Had to turn it off as it was shaping up to probably be the worst film I had ever seen

'Jupiter_Ascending'_Theatrical_Poster.jp

I wish I had switched off after 30 mins, an awful film

I found the scene cut method to be incredibly annoying. The black screen jump from one clip to the next was too long, over-done and noticeable to the point of distraction. Definitely agree on the pretentious thing. But then it was a Cannes festival film so it was always going to be up its own arse figuratively if not literally.

Is it fappable though?

Watched Straight Outta Compton last night. Was alright, I didn't know much about the story so it was interesting. Not sure how close to the truth it was though, kinda portrays Dre and Ice Cube in too much of a good light. Suspiciously too much.

29 minutes ago, KHV said:

I wish I had switched off after 30 mins, an awful film

I don't know if it was me, but I was completely lost after about 20 mins in! 

Â