The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

interstellar - boring, overlong, tries too hard to be clever but isn't interesting, its 3 hours in length and yet the most important stuff (him going) is rushed, the acting is good, the writing isnt good enough, by the time the "big" ending came i just wasnt bothered enough for it to work

ex machina - spent the majority of it just think yeah it was ok, the setting was stunning, the weaving of the plot was ok, acting was good, they had a cracking shot which was a really good ending but then added ten minutes on to it for a reason im struggling to understand

On November 6, 2015 at 7:03:36 PM, Designer1 said:

It does doesn't it? I mean, as a fan I was expecting to be picky but then as I was watching the trailer, the movie critic kicked in and I started to think ' OK, I know this is something i've wanted to see for around a decade, but **** me that looks kinda crap'.

Deflated :(

At least the PVP will be balanced

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Saw Spectre the other night. I liked it. Not the best, not the worst, but better than any Brosnan or Moore Bond.

There's no way Spectre is better than Goldeneye.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's no way Spectre is better than Goldeneye.

Maybe I need to rewatch it, it's been ages. I just have a idea about the Brosnan films being terrible, maybe the ice castle one was so bad it ruined them all for me!

Edited by maqroll

27 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Maybe I need to rewatch it, it's been ages. I just have a idea about the Brosnan films being terrible, maybe the ice castle one was so bad it ruined them all for me!

Goldeneye and the one with Robert Carlisle are both pretty good. The one with the Rupert Murdoch character is very very forgettable and the ice palace one is in the bottom 5% of all movies I've ever seen (and I try to watch bad movies regularly). 

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Yeah Goldeneye is actually pretty good. And I didn't think Spectre was much good at all (as much as I wanted to).

But yes, Die Another Day (the ice palace one) is absolutely abysmal.

Goldeneye isn't as good as the N64 game 

Ace of Base recorded  the theme tune to Goldeneye ( their record company pulled them out though as they thought the film would flop and ruin their career ) and Timothy Dalton was still contracted to play Bond for this film as well

Wonder how different it would have been  ? 

11 hours ago, maqroll said:

Saw Spectre the other night. I liked it. Not the best, not the worst, but better than any Brosnan or Moore Bond.

What are you talking about maqroll, moore is the only real James Bond, with Octypussy and moonraker the best bond films :)

17 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

What are you talking about maqroll, moore is the only real James Bond, with Octypussy and moonraker the best bond films :)

for the "sit" line to the Tiger , Octopussy officially sucks and is the worse film of all the Bonds  ....

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Charlie Sheen rumoured to be announcing he is HIV positive today  ... I'd imagine a few women will be off to a clinic later today

As soon as I  heard the story my first thought was "Has to be Charlie Sheen"

5 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

Hehe, the one with the redneck sherif is just brutal. But I must admit, A View To a Kill was fun.

Â