The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No interest in Ant Man.

Would like Incredibles but I actually haven't seen the first one! I might look at watching that tonight and go for that.

Skyscraper is my choice, but convincing the missus is a whole other issue!

Can't go wrong with Cruise and the MI franchise! 

• Like 2

Hotel Artemis is a really good watch. Didnt have a clue what it was about going in to be honest, but a good idea, well executed, a couple characters felt unnecessary and the ending could have been better (more preference for what other options couldve been available) but still a really enjoyable film all round.

Incredibles 2 was a real let down i thought, came out feeling very meh about it. 

Mamma Mia incredible cringe but it is what it is. One of my workmates cried twice which was probably more entertaining than the film. 

Skyscraper is ludicrous obviously. Thought it was ok, but definitely lacked some better humour, at times it was a bit too serious considering it has a nonsense plot. Still watchable but not as enjoyably daft as San Andreas or Jumanji.

On 02/08/2018 at 22:12, mjmooney said:

Just watched Three Billboards. 

Remarkable. 

I watched this on Thursday too, strangely.

Had been wanting to see it for ages but not got round to it. I wasn't disappointed - fantastic film. 

On 03/08/2018 at 10:14, hogso said:

You should try Benson's other films too. Resolution is in the same 'world' as The Endless, and Spring is an interesting horror movie, too. 

Watched both of these over the weekend.

Both Resolution and Spring were very good. I think I actually preferred watching The Endless first and then watching Resolution. Was a bit strange almost watching the films backwards but it still really worked. 

54 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

How in the hell is Jason Statham headlining a £150m film, and who is his agent?

Even at his peak I wouldn't have imagined it but now, in 2018? I thought his career was DONE.

I would imagine he’s a fairly safe bet for studios, people know what they’re getting with his movies and I assume they nearly always make a good profit. Added to that he’s part of the money printing machine that is the fast & furious franchise after all. 

I guess he’s likeable and people want to work with him (I saw Stanley Tucci in one of his films the other day). Based on what I’ve seen from “Spy” he’s happy to take the piss out of himself. He’ll be doing these sort of films for a while yet I think.

I do find myself wondering whether Nick Moran looks at Statham’s career in amazement/envy considering where they both were 20 years ago.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

How in the hell is Jason Statham headlining a £150m film, and who is his agent?

Even at his peak I wouldn't have imagined it but now, in 2018? I thought his career was DONE.

mindless action films have kind of died a death and been replaced by comic book films, 2 of the biggest remaining ones in the last 10 years have been fast and furious and expendables, he's been in both

he's nowhere near as bankable as the rock but he's near the top

Â