The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

3 hours ago, robby b said:

I'm so bored with Real or Barça nearly always winning (with Atleti only a rare exception a few years ago). And down with corruption!  : <  Well done for speaking out and having principles despite Barcelona being your team when you were a kid.

City have won I think 5 from the last 7 league titles. At least Real/Barca gives some changes

Premier League is worse than other countries

• Like 2

3 hours ago, robby b said:

I'm so bored with Real or Barça nearly always winning (with Atleti only a rare exception a few years ago).

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

City have won I think 5 from the last 7 league titles. At least Real/Barca gives some changes

Premier League is worse than other countries

I agree with both of you! 

43 minutes ago, bobzy said:

In my lifetime (37 seasons);
- There are only 6 seasons in which Real Madrid or Barcelona have not won La Liga.  One of those clubs has been champions for 16 of the last 18 seasons.
- There are only 8 seasons in which Bayern or Dortmund have not won the Bundesliga.  One of those clubs has been champions for 21 of the last 24 seasons.
- There are only 5 seasons in which Juventus, AC Milan or Inter have not won Serie A.  It's been 21 seasons since a club outside of those 3 has won the Scudetto (Roma - 2000/01).

Lets not pretend that the Premier League is worse than other countries.

And in Scotland, the last time a team outside the old firm to have won the league was Aberdeen in 1985. And in Portugal, only Boavista has won the league outside the big 3 since the 1940s. It shows that the bigger leagues are increasingly dominated by a few teams which has happened to the smaller leagues decades previously.

• 4 weeks later...

Brilliant from Real Madrid, blow up any friendship both parties hace over the Super League

As for history, Franco hated football and had no interest in it. Members of the regime seemed to support both clubs financially and the domestic trophy cabinets werent so far apart. Real did have a legendary squad in the 50s/60s so had a bit more success

18 hours ago, duke313 said:

Nobody can convince me that this isn’t money laundering, same with any transfer involving Morata.

That’s outrageously dodgy.

Reminds me of David Luiz moving back and forth for £50m…

Edited by Genie

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Real Madrid are getting smashed at Girona, one of the players scored four against them

I was about to say that's a nice story but then I remembered Girona are owned by CFG.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It's a bit of a misleading headline.

Vinicius Jr was sent off as he put his hand in the face of Valencia keeper.

Watched the second half and it was ridiculous how it all started. For some reason there was a ball lying in the penalty area so as Vinicius Jr was running into the box a Valencia player kicked the stray ball at him and it completely disrupted the move. There was then a scuffle and seemingly racial insults and he went behind the goal and pointed out the alleged fans to the ref. Play held up for a good 10 minutes. Then the scuffle that lead to him getting sent off.

The abuse Vini jr has had to suffer is just horrible. I’ve hated Real Madrid all my life but I almost want them to win now, just so Vini can lord it over those (many, many) racist pricks who’ve been chanting vile shit at him all across Spain. 

• Like 1

Â