The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Barça closes a sponsorship deal with Spotify for three seasons and 280 million euros

• Barça has closed a three-season sponsorship deal with Spotify for 280 million euros . The trade agreement includes advertising on the shirts of the men's and women's teams , on the back of the training shirt and also the title rights of the stadium . That is, the surname of the Camp Nou, which will be renamed Camp Nou Spotify .

All patched, from next season. The club's forecast is to sign the agreement with Spotify this Tuesday . The people in charge of the music platform have been in Barcelona for days and have been seen in the boxes of the Palau Blaugrana and the Camp Nou.

https://www.rac1.cat/esports/20220207/411173064255/acord-patrocini-barca-spotify-samarreta-camp-nou-nom.html

Barcelona chief executive officer Ferran Reverter has resigned, with sources telling ESPN that the club's sponsorship deal with Spotify was the latest in a series of contentious issues between the CEO and president Joan Laporta.

A statement on Barcelona's website on Tuesday cited "personal and family reasons" for Reverter's exit, which will come into effect as soon as a new CEO is appointed.

Reverter had disagreed with Laporta over a number of issues ever since he took the job at Camp Nou.

The agreement with Spotify was seen as the last straw, sources said.

Reverter had played a fundamental role in negotiations with the Swedish company, but he was unhappy with the final terms of the deal, many of which had been revised at the last minute.

https://soccer.realgm.com/wiretap/9938/Barcelona-CEO-Steps-Down-Amid-Spotify-Sponsorship-Deal

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Funny game, football. Ousmane Dembele is becoming a fan favourite at Camp Nou and Barca’s current form would probably have them top of the league with a better start. 

8 hours ago, El Zen said:

Funny game, football. Ousmane Dembele is becoming a fan favourite at Camp Nou and Barca’s current form would probably have them top of the league with a better start. 

Its all in the head 

With koeman in charge they could phone it in and not give a shot knowing the buck stopped with him, now Xavi is in charge its back on the players 

Without reading any of the papers today I wonder how many of them will say roman has left Chelsea a club in turmoil rather than say those players were shit on saturday

Football is a funny game and I seriously believe footballers are no different from any other walk in life where if they get the opportunity to work at 90% or even 60% they will take it, there can be some real laziness in football when the finger is being pointed the other way 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Love this guy! What a glorious finish to a otherwise crappy football day.

#17 lifting the cup title after 17 years of title drought and of course the 40 y.o scored in the penalty shootout.

Betis have built a really interesting team and Manuel Pellegrini is doing a fantastic job even thou they'll likely miss out on the CL places.

2b4fc283-adfb-42d6-8cb5-17b175943a9e?fit=crop&format=auto&h=500&q=50&w=1290&s=e6e700b24846b609d0e8630ae97273e9dc762a63

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So weird to me that they don't play the last round fixtures on the same day and at the same time.

Granted Betis didn't manage to beat Real Madrid away yesterday so it doesn't matter but if they had Sevilla would have had the results to play against and could have played for a draw to keep the final CL spot.

Serie A does the same. It's stupid and unfair but TV money I guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

So weird to me that they don't play the last round fixtures on the same day and at the same time.

Granted Betis didn't manage to beat Real Madrid away yesterday so it doesn't matter but if they had Sevilla would have had the results to play against and could have played for a draw to keep the final CL spot.

At least we know that Serie A is completely free of any corruption or match fixing so there's no chance of anything dodgy going on once other results are known. 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

its decided on head to head. Betis had no chance to overtake Sevilla as they lost both league games

They play any game that is connected for league places at the same time

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

its decided on head to head. Betis had no chance to overtake Sevilla as they lost both league games

They play any game that is connected for league places at the same time

Ah OK.

Still a craptastic way to finish the season.

• 2 months later...

I’ve posted this in the travel thread, but in case people don’t go there. 

Does anyone know how you go about getting tickets for. Real Madrid game? Had a brief look online and it seemed you have to buy a membership, but that seems expensive for a one off ticket. I went Barca a few years back and that was easy enough. 

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve posted this in the travel thread, but in case people don’t go there. 

Does anyone know how you go about getting tickets for. Real Madrid game? Had a brief look online and it seemed you have to buy a membership, but that seems expensive for a one off ticket. I went Barca a few years back and that was easy enough. 

Hotel helped me get one. 9 years ago so can't remember exactly how much but they took an extra fee for it.

• Thanks 1

Â