The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Any Villa fans not impressed by the links to Nico Williams in January need to check out his equaliser at the Mestalla tonight. 

Edited by El Zen

Well I'm shocked.

FC Barcelona admits that it hired the services of an external technical consultant for "reports related to arbitration" and stresses that it is a "common practice"

The Barcelona club does not deny the information advanced by the 'Que t'hi Jugues' of SER Catalunya and regrets that "it appears precisely at the best sporting moment of this season"

A former vice president of the referees received payments from Barça

Fútbol Club Barcelona paid 1.4 million euros to a company owned by José María Enríquez Negreira between 2016 and 2018. At that time, the former First Division referee held the position of vice president of the Technical Committee of Referees (CTA) of the Royal Spanish Football Federation. In fact, he was vice president from 1994 to 2018.

The Barça club paid DASNIL 95 SL the amounts of 532,728.02 euros in 2016, 541,752 euros in 2017 and 318,200 euros in 2018. In June 2018, Barcelona paid the last invoice, a date that coincides with the constitution of a new CTA and with the departure of Enríquez Negreira from the Committee.

Consulted by the program 'Què t'hi Jugues' of SER Catalunya, the former president Josep Maria Bartomeu assures that the payments were put to an end due to a policy of cutting expenses and that the reports already existed at least in 2003, when he arrived to the club, and that they were paid continuously until 2018. Sources from Sandro Rosell's board of directors also support this version. Gaspart assures that he is not aware of it and Joan Laporta has declined to comment on it.

https://cadenaser.com/nacional/2023/02/15/el-fc-barcelona-admite-que-contrato-servicios-de-un-consultor-tecnico-externo-para-informes-relacionados-con-el-arbitraje-y-subraya-que-es-una-practica-habitual-cadena-ser/

• 2 weeks later...

Aaw that's a shame. Sure they'll find a way to snake themselves around it thou.

We have ruled that they can no longer sign more players': Barcelona are BANNED from entering the transfer market this summer, says LaLiga chief Javier Tebas - who reveals they must raise £178m just to comply with rules

• If Barcelona raise £178million from player sales they could only then spend £71m

they triggered several economic levers, including their TV rights, in order to be able to afford the costly outlay, but still are thought to be in debt to the tune of around £1billion.

'Barcelona has been involved in questionable behaviour which has had an impact on LaLiga and we are acting accordingly. We have ruled that they can no longer sign more players.

'They sold off £620m (€700m) in TV rights and tried to find different ways to solve the situation but they won't be able to do that next season. We have strict economic controls. At the end of each window, we tell all the clubs in LaLiga what they can spend.

'In the case of Barcelona, they have to drop from spending on wages and transfers from £532m to £399m (€650m to €450m), so it’s a budget of minus £177m (€200m). 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11814603/Barcelona-BANNED-entering-transfer-market-unless-raise-178m-player-sales.html

Ye's I'm aware I'm linking to the Hail.

There’s a shock: Barca have been charged with corruption by Spanish authorities. It’s certainly mes que un club, it’s also a major crime organisation. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The whole game is just riddled with corruption - there doesn't seem to be a single club that wouldn't boil a baby for a couple of quid.

FIFA has made a game in its own image.

You’re not wrong, but Barca are among a special few who are particularly awful. 

• Like 3

I’m almost embarrassed these days, to admit I grew up supporting Barca. I used to lap up that Mes que un club bollocks and saw them almost as the symbol of anti-fascism as they may once have been, and continued to hold on to those illusions as I was absolutely blown away by the beauty of peak Messi era Barca football. 

F*** that shit. 

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t even be bothered watching El Clasico tonight. I no longer have a horse in the race and despise both clubs. I’m sure the football will be good, but I’d rather watch almost any other game on the planet than this one. 

27 minutes ago, El Zen said:

I can’t even be bothered watching El Clasico tonight. I no longer have a horse in the race and despise both clubs. I’m sure the football will be good, but I’d rather watch almost any other game on the planet than this one. 

You're not missing much. It's been a decent first half but nothing special. 

• Thanks 1

That’s the league title pretty much wrapped up for cheating red and blue team, then, having beaten white team also with history of cheating to go 12 points clear. 

Things continuing to go well for the Mes Que Un Club.

Uefa to investigate Barcelona over payments to former referees' official

Uefa is to investigate payments made by Barcelona to a former vice-president of Spain's referees' committee.

Uefa has appointed ethics and disciplinary inspectors to look into payments allegedly made for favourable refereeing decisions. 

Prosecutors allege Barca paid 8.4m euros (£7.4m) to Jose Maria Enriquez Negreira and his Dasnil 95 company.

Barcelona, who deny any wrongdoing, acknowledged the payments were made to Dasnil 95 between 2001 and 2018.

Uefa said: "Ethics and disciplinary inspectors have been appointed to conduct an investigation regarding a potential violation of Uefa's legal framework by FC Barcelona in connection with the so-called 'Caso Negreira'".

The payments, revealed by radio station Ser Catalunya, came to light following an investigation by tax authorities into Dasnil 95.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65051591

On 19/03/2023 at 16:33, El Zen said:

I'm so bored with Real or Barça nearly always winning (with Atleti only a rare exception a few years ago). And down with corruption!  : <  Well done for speaking out and having principles despite Barcelona being your team when you were a kid.

I like Rayo and Betis. I also quite like Atlético Madrid and was really glad when they upset the two horse race quite recently.

I decided PSG were my French team when I moved to Paris in 2009. They hadn't won the league for ages. But they're not my favourite French team anymore with the ridiculous wealth imbalance and the human rights issues with their Quatari owners.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, robby b said:

I'm so bored with Real or Barça nearly always winning (with Atleti only a rare exception a few years ago). And down with corruption!  : <  Well done for speaking out and having principles despite Barcelona being your team when you were a kid.

I like Rayo and Betis. I also quite like Atlético Madrid and was really glad when they upset the two horse race quite recently.

I decided PSG were my French team when I moved to Paris in 2009. They hadn't won the league for ages. But they're not my favourite French team anymore with the ridiculous wealth imbalance and the human rights issues with their Quatari owners.

Most people as a kid pick up on the 'bigger' European clubs to follow, because they're the ones most spoken about.

I always liked Barcelona as a kid and it's a real shame to see the club as it is today.  I also liked Ajax, AC Milan and Dortmund for various reasons.  I mostly liked Dutch footballers :D 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Most people as a kid pick up on the 'bigger' European clubs to follow, because they're the ones most spoken about.

I always liked Barcelona as a kid and it's a real shame to see the club as it is today.  I also liked Ajax, AC Milan and Dortmund for various reasons.  I mostly liked Dutch footballers :D 

When I was a kid, growing up in the 70s and 80s, I never had a favourite foreign club. I can understand how that has changed with the Champions League and all its marketing and TV coverage. Two of my mates have a son whose favourite team for years has been Barcelona rather than an English team, something that seems a bit strange to me, but I just acceped it and didn't make any negative comment about it. Well he did also like Man City but they were in 2nd place behind Barça.

Â