Under the Skin: The Story of Aston Villa

Chindie

Well that was OK, having Gabby front it won't please a few though.

Could have done without the Peaky Blinders music, and they managed to shoehorn in everyone's favourite diver for some reason.

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I can't understand the hate for Gabby.

We're not blessed with former players who give a shit about the club. Even some of the class of '82, legends though they are, haven't followed the club since. (Yes they did way more for us on the pitch than Gabby, of course - am obviously not suggesting otherwise, before anyone jumps down me gullet).

Among others, when we've got the likes of Keown, Townsend, Merson, Barry, Dunne - all former captains of the club - working in the media without displaying a shred of affinity for the club, we need more Agbonlahors.

Did he waste his career and steal a living from us for a couple of years? Sure. Along with probably 70% of former players from the year 2000 onwards. I don't blame the man for drawing a wage, and he still popped up on a couple of big occasions when we needed it - which people are quick to forgot.

He cares about the club, so I've no issue with him being involved in these types of things. 

Agree the Peaky Blinders music and Gabby's flat cap probably belong elsewhere, but otherwise enjoyed this.

Harsh on whoever of the boys of 82 that you are thinking of, as well as on Merse and Andy, imo. Gabby left the club under a bit of a shadow, given the way he behaved back then, but I've put that in the past, as has he. 

• Like 1

I saw on twitter  that this is from Optus Sport Australia and they do different "under the skin" segments on different clubs so isn't anything to do with our documentary.  

No idea myself - just passing on what I read

4 minutes ago, bcarpet said:

I saw on twitter  that this is from Optus Sport Australia and they do different "under the skin" segments on different clubs so isn't anything to do with our documentary.  

Yeah I don’t think it is anything to do with the doc

Probably something the club and Premier League produced for Optus (and other international broadcasters) as a part of their broadcast license.  

Peaky Blinders stuff a bit cringe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Yeah I don’t think it is anything to do with the doc

it does have that sort of 'feel' to it though

even if this is totally unrelated, i really hope that happens

6 hours ago, bcarpet said:

This is right.

They’ve done them for the “top 10 clubs” thus far from what I’ve seen.

10 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

Gobby cares about the club? Sadly I have a very different view of a man that went awol  in our time of need and proceeded to turn up twice a year and dine out on it.

Will never be a Villa legend in my eyes - can’t wait for Ollie to become our record goal scorer, then we can hopefully stop bringing up his name 

Who used the word legend? You, not me.

Far from it. All I'm saying is he gets dog's abuse for F all. Just because you and a handful of posters can't forgive him for getting fat.

I thought it was good …The peaky blinders theme doesn’t bother me tbh , I think it’s more part of a paying tribute to Benjamin who was part of the show 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, est1874 said:

Among others, when we've got the likes of Keown, Townsend, Merson, Barry, Dunne - most of them former captains of the club - working in the media without displaying a shred of affinity for the club, we need more Agbonlahors

Quickly on this - Townsend and Merson love the Villa. But also, is Barry doing media stuff? I thought he’d taken the (sensible!) route of disappearing from public life entirely. What’s he on?

• Like 1

Â