Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

Minor quibble but it would’ve been nice to end the season with the defeats column in single figures. 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Nearly 2 hatricks Mateta and Eza

Don't matter though lads, nothing game aye @smg

🤦‍♀️

Exactly, a nothing game.

There are far more important things in life to stress about outside of Villa putting in a shit performance after qualifying for the Champions League.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree with the person who replied. Yes it mwans nothing but bloody hell we have been tonked by teams by 4 or more goals by 3 teams this season. Dont see liverpool arsenal or city that happening too

Unai will see today that alot of these lot are either not good enough or need competition for their place

How much money have Liverpool, Arsenal and City spent on their squads over the last 20 seasons?  They have 2nd teams who would probably qualify for Europe in the league.

Posted (edited)

A rare moment when I think a match like this stings the folks back in Brum more than those of us abroad. Just speculating, but it's easier perhaps to swallow this when I won't face anyone this week saying how's that Villa? But I hear how upset people are, and I'm sorry. It's hitting some people hard. I don't sound dismissive.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Exactly, a nothing game.

There are far more important things in life to stress about outside of Villa putting in a shit performance after qualifying for the Champions League.

Bored of hearing shit like this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Our 6th choice centre back started in centre midfield. Show me when that happens to Arsenal or City

Their 3rd choice right back started in centre mid against us to be fair 

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah will it be rhe same excuse next season, I can see it now.

"Midtable, but at least we have Champions league football. 

25/26 season.

"Lower midtable, But we had Champions league football last season.

An on it goes 🤦‍♀️

Heat stroke alert 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

xG is still fairly close, 2.1 v 1.2. Not as bad as it looks.

We are missing an entire 11, plus zero subs and a CB who doesn't get any minutes for us rolled out in CM.

I’ve never claimed to understand or see any point to xG but doesn’t that mean it’s actually worse than it looks?

Posted (edited)

Only finishing the season 5 points ahead Chelsea is not something I thought I would say 2 months ago.

Defence absolutely has to be fixed or we're not getting CL year after and it will just a nice day out

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

xG is still fairly close, 2.1 v 1.2. Not as bad as it looks.

We are missing an entire 11, plus zero subs and a CB who doesn't get any minutes for us rolled out in CM.

I guess xG assumes you have a professional goalkeeper on the pitch rather than Sweden's most prominent sports-themed comedian.

• Haha 4

Just now, briny_ear said:

I’ve never claimed to understand or see any point to xG but doesn’t that mean it’s actually worse than it looks?

No, that means based not he chances it should probably be 2-1 to Palace at the moment.

It's not.

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

A rare moment when I think a match like this stings the folks back in Brum more than those of us abroad. Just speculating, but it's easier perhaps to swallow this when I won't face anyone this week saying how's that Villa?

I’m no longer in brum, but Im getting stick from friends. And I’m just lolling with them 

• Like 1

Arsenal given a goal, even though VAR thought it was handball, but Oliver still gave the goal. The state of officials in the Prem.