Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

1 minute ago, calcifer said:

Sadly quite a few are happy because the lads have played 50 plus games, we qualified for the CL so the lads deserved a day off...

Honestly. It's comments like that I wish there was a WTF reaction 🤣

Yeah will it be rhe same excuse next season, I can see it now.

"Midtable, but at least we have Champions league football. 

25/26 season.

"Lower midtable, But we had Champions league football last season.

An on it goes 🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

Just now, est1874 said:

OK. Easy to say that today, but hope you're saying that if we get drubbed at the start of next season 🤔 we'll see, I guess.

People probably won’t be saying it doesn’t matter as we’ve achieved our seasons goal and can’t do any more in game 1 of a season.

You can like it as much as you want but I’ll take the 5-0 loss and champions league qualification over the alternative where we needed something from the last day.

What a great season! A loss in a dead rubber isn’t going to ruin it for me.

• Like 1

Martinez

Cash Mings Torres Moreno 

Kamara Tielemans

Bailey Buendia Ramsey 

Rogers 

Is the unavailable team we could have fielded. Plus Zaniolo.

Arguably a better team than the one we fielded, even though there isn't a proper striker 

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

No. But who gives a shit! My word we all need to lighten up. Would I prefer we didn’t give up 5? Certainly but I’m not going to be bothered by it. The boys have put in an amazing season. One terrible game (when we’re missing an entire 11) to cap it off isn’t going to “ruin the shine” of their success.

Luckily, City had done us a favour and beat Spurs already!

5 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Regardless off today our defending has been rubbish this year even with personal there only Mings been missing. The goals we concede poor. Don't improve that we will loose ground.

Even with this poor result today our defence as it stands is 7th best in the premier league.We have now conceded as many goals as Spurs, which I guess is bad.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

OK. Easy to say that today, but hope you're saying that if we get drubbed at the start of next season 🤔 we'll see, I guess.

The truth is, I do say it though. The matches that bother me more are often draws and matches we lose by one, tbh. Just the way I am. I don't think it's the worst thing in the world for our Champions League club to go out of the PL campaign with a big face hunk of humble pie to eat all summer. It'll be good for our sense of clarity about what we are -- and what we aren't yet.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Err, I don’t think being unhappy about being battered 5-0 in any context is pushing an agenda tbh 

In calling out the crap about us failing in Europe next season because of this. It’s hyperbole for the sake of it. 

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I know I was far more despondent about Mings’ injury than I was about shipping 5 to the Saudis, I remember posting with that sentiment at the time.

1 minute ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

The players would be absolutely gassed after the last few weeks of super intense matches. This is just the  adrenaline dump. The mental release.

A dump is the right word for this..