Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can understand the frustrations of people who think this is such an inconsequential game no performance is bad enough to care - but if you feel like that, why bother watching

Because it's the first time in a long time I can watch a Villa game without being insanely emotionally invested in everything that happens in the game and it's kinda nice. Shame it's 5-0 though. 

Edited by PieFacE

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We finished the season off with a wonderful comeback against Liverpool and we've got eleven first teamers out injured in a game that is frankly a bit of a nuisance - something the players have to get done before they go out in London tonight - against a team that are the third best in the league at the moment on form, play well when they're confident, at their ground - the result of this matters about as much to me as Doug's next haircut - this team has been brilliant all season and they've come away with the biggest league achievement for us in forty years - I hope they enjoy the summer and I don't care if it started yesterday - well played all year boys, you've earned the day off.

Anyone trying to draw conclusions from this game already is trying to push an agenda. We’ve been playing productively if wasteful. Palace have taken their chances. That’s football. People are free to complain about the game. But those trying to draw wider narratives need to chill. It’s been a hard thought season. We haven’t downed tools either in this game. That’s just football sometimes. It’s been an amazing achievement all the same. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

We should all feel that way, to see your team concede 5 is not a fun experience 

No. But who gives a shit! My word we all need to lighten up. Would I prefer we didn’t give up 5? Certainly but I’m not going to be bothered by it. The boys have put in an amazing season. One terrible game (when we’re missing an entire 11) to cap it off isn’t going to “ruin the shine” of their success.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 2

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

It's also possible to take it seriously, but not too seriously.

(It's football.)

OK. Easy to say that today, but hope you're saying that if we get drubbed at the start of next season 🤔 we'll see, I guess.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

How many first teamer's are we missing today?

Martinez, Moreno, Pau, Kamara, Bailey, Tielemans?

so 55% of the players who would actually start.

maybe more if you include Mings and Buendia.

Missing Rogers and Ramsey, at least one of whom would start. 

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Let’s not kid ourselves, we’ve had shit performances over the season too. We’ve been amazingly lucky that Spurs, Utd, Chelsea and Newcastle did the same though.

We have rode our luck at times, but we’ve also been fantastic. We were being talked about as potential Champions before the turn of the year.

We’ve also taken 10 points or something like that from the Top 3.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Would help if he’d make a save though 

He made a couple of big ones at 1-0 or 2-0

Edited by villan95

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Why not? I’d rather not see us get smashed! Personal pride and all that, they should care as fans have paid good money to go and watch them.

Don’t like seeing us lose, but it’s not really the end of the world. 

It's annoying, but I cant see the point of losing my shit about it. it is a dead rubber for the club. It isn't a dead rubber for the players who want to continue at Aston Villa and I can guarantee Emery is taking notes. So in a window where it is said we have to sell to buy who we want maybe Emery's mind has been made up on a couple of players?

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm not sure Emery will feel the same way, I'll stick with him thanks.

Emery picked this team, he's started Callum Chambers.... in midfield!!! He doesn't give a monkeys about today.

Top 4 done, season done.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Anyone trying to draw conclusions from this game already is trying to push an agenda. 

Err, I don’t think being unhappy about being battered 5-0 in any context is pushing an agenda tbh 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Indeed so, the clientele on sow and performance would be different if it mattered. It doesn't.

Exactly, it’s really hard to feel any emotion about this game. There’s no stakes at all

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We could have at least defended well and been hard to break down, possibly get some control in midfield.

In fairness, we had loads of control in the first half in midfield - dominated possession - but came in 2-0 down and gave up.

KKH and Monroe coming on.