Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Olympiakos

Match Polls  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/05/24 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Play the reserves second leg. Try and win the league games left. This one is over.  Won't recover this away.

Yup. League our priority, if they can't take it seriously just go out.

Posted (edited)

Bit of a weird one that.

Aside from a few crazy minutes at the end the first half was dreadful. Second half was a lot better and while the missed penalty was a big blow, I still feel like we could make up two goals in the second leg. We looked very dangerous at times.

Ref got most of the big calls right imo except for our first penalty shout, which looked stonewall to me.

Actually thought Olsen was okay overall. Obviously Martinez would have been better, but I don't think you'd expect the keeper to save any of their goals - a penalty, a big deflection and two defensive disasters.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 3

At 2-2 we should have gone on to win it, the bailey and diaby link up was on shame it took us so long to find, game could have gone either way 

Long hard season and it's showing, beat Brighton all but secure top 4 then go full strength 

Still think we can win but it'll take something special 

• Like 2

Just now, Lord Willard said:

Squad is down to the bare bones and running on fumes. 

Nothing went our way but I cant see why we can’t beat them at their place. 

Few things go our way and it’s a completely different game. Just one of those days.

• Like 3

Just now, Panto_Villan said:

Bit of a weird one that.

Aside from a few crazy minutes at the end the first half was dreadful. Second half was a lot better and while the missed penalty was a big blow, I still feel like we could make up two goals in the second leg. We looked very dangerous at times.

Ref got most of the big calls right imo except for our first penalty shout, which looked stonewall to me.

Actually thought Olsen was okay overall. Obviously Martinez would have been better, but I don't think you'd expect the keeper to save any of their goals - a penalty, a big deflection and two defensive disasters.

Was about to completely agree but that deflection wasn't enough, it was piss poor 

• Haha 1

Fking battered by 4th in the Greek league. Terrible.

I don't think it's over though. If Emi tielemans and Pau are back there's half a chance with an early goal. Also not having such an inept crooked ref will help but in Greece it'll be even worse.

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

Squad is down to the bare bones and running on fumes. 

Nothing went our way but I cant see why we can’t beat them at their place. 

Nah, it's over. But still a very good season.

Â