Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Olympiakos

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Match Polls  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Probably the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen. 

Ruling out our first goal for nothing set the standard and it only got worse from there. 

Whenever we were getting on top he would kill us with another joke decision. I don’t think it’s a conspiracy it’s just incompetence. 

• Like 3

Unfortunately Luiz had a big off night, not just the penalty and penalty miss, he wasn’t even picking up passes into him, he seemed dazed or poorly or something. 

wonder if he was ill because he played like he was. 

Villa need to play as good as we did against Man City in December to get to the final. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

Squad is down to the bare bones and running on fumes. 

Nothing went our way but I cant see why we can’t beat them at their place. 

yeah I'm not too worried. Go down thee and give it our all. We can win by 2 goals. Another pen shootout anyone?

It looks very much like the lack of depth in midfield is catching up with us.

We are capable of beating them though. Still a shot at winning a trophy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I havent slept all night and had to watch that, and now I have to go to work....

Today can **** right off

Call in sick mate, I certainly feel it.

Also think it's really showing and is key to us right now and in recent games - we're desperately missing Kamara

we have no midfield 

All this about why has Luiz dropped off, why is he playing so poor... Kamara not being there is why 

• Like 3

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Marinakis can stop complaining about refs for the rest of his life. Totally corrupt piece of fat shit.

I was annoyed at the ref, but tbh, the only major decision I can moan about is that we should have had one more penalty

Lenglet was absolutely brainless tugging back their defender, the offside was offside, and the Luiz handball was absolutely blatant.

Aston Villa **** up, not the ref. 

• Like 2

I mean, 1st European semi final in 42 years and in isolation that’s a ridiculous poor result. Conceded 4 against a genuinely shit team, too many players not up for it on the biggest night of their lives. I’d sell Dougie asap. He’s completely replaceable as shown by 2 brilliant wins when he wasn’t available. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

fair play to them honestly

Exactly. We would be loving a performance like that at theirs. They wanted it more and were more consistent in their play. They deserved it.

• Like 1

That Luiz pen miss just put the whole thing to bed. If we went there one goal down with Emi and Youri back I’d think we would do it. Needing to win by two is a killer. 

• Like 1

I’m just glad I don’t spend time and money going to watch football anymore, I feel really sorry for the fans at the ground tonight having their hopes built up then witness this bag of shite.

Yes the referee looked like he’d accepted numerous brown envelopes but this is not a performance I expect from an Emery team in a euro semifinal.

• Like 2

Just now, UpTheVilla26 said:

I reckon we'd concede 3 or more to an U8s team with that donkey in goal. 

One of the worst GK performances I've ever seen. 

Calm down 

Â