Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Match Polls  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I still can’t believe we have (probably) stuffed this up.  It showed me how much I actually wanted to win it. 😞

It’s only half time

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Olympiacos lost 6-1 at home in one of the previous rounds , just need to keep possession and pepper their keeper with shots,  any corners just wait for them to try and deal with us and not give the ref an excuse to call a foul. We will score, if we score first then I think they struggle..especially if.we can beat Brighton and spurs lose to Liverpool.  

I think it was a 4-1 defeat at home to Tel Aviv but they won 6-1 away.  But I take your point.  

If you told me we would keep a clean sheet, I would fancy us to overcome this. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, adamo said:

Greetings from Greece!!!

I'm an Olympiacos supporter,and  after  the drawing between us i  was  reading your reactions about our matches.. Sure  some ppl were sure about the win against us, or the qualification  some other underestimated us  a lot, but a few were more logical about this tie. But let me explain here what team you had to play yesterday against...Olympiacos maybe is 4th now at our league,but if we win the 3 matches left, we will be the Champions.We are the bigger  team in our country  with 47 championships,29 FA cups,19 Doubles,1 balcan cup many good european games (we missed the cl semifinal against M.U for 5 min( 1-1 with Juve in 1997),and every  Top  european team came at Karaiskakis Stadium had nightmares. Ofc  the football changes and we had to revalued our targets as a team.Nowdays you cant compete   teams in CL  like Barcelona, Real, Bayern,M city,   and others to do some serius  walk at Europe. Uefa  and conference cups are more realistic targets for a Greek team. Some little information  to help your thoughts.

Now for the game..

We didn't came to  steal the game, we came with a plan we execute it perfectly and i think that our win was more than enough convincing. We didnt have 5 back, a solid 4-3-3 and our  striker made a hattrick.Just  to inform you, we have the 1 striker in the conference,and the 1 player in assists (Fortounis). The coach is  our secret force.He  mutated us in a REAL team,which evry player play for his partner and Enjoy football. In karaiskakis stadium will be a do or die game for both and i hope to be winners  to have a chance to take our first european trophy.You have an excellent team and i wish you  to   play in CL next year you deserve it.

Thanks for accepting me  and to have 1 more astonishing game!!!!

Olympiacos played brilliant, Congratulates on the win.

I hope we beat you in the return leg and win the tie, but its going to be a very tough task. You're massive favourites. 

On 03/05/2024 at 08:12, turvontour said:

Yes that was it for me. Mostly bad luck. In the same way we could have lost 4-2 to Chelsea on Saturday, we could have won that 4-2 last night. 

Yes, quite conceivably could’ve won scoring 5 goals. That’s hope for Thursday.

Â