Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Match Polls  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

Fiorentina hoping to avoid favourites Villa and Emery in the final and an Italian referee for our match. Fishy, much?

Why didn’t the English ref do us a favour in their game then?

A wretched evening. Great buzz to come back from 2 down and that should have been the catalyst to crack on but it was a shambles at times.  

I can see myself writing similar next season but at least that will be against Barca or Bayern...not **** Olmpiakos. 

It's not impossible next week to score twice but we'll need a Martinez special to keep a clean sheet. 

I truly don’t know we lost that? We have so much more skill, flair, talent and everyone can tell we’re the better side just every little thing went wrong. 
tbh I’m not worried. If Maccabi bloody Haifa can beat them 4-1 at home so can we. I think we’re well and truly still in this. First goal there and they’ll start shutting themselves.

• Like 4

Just now, jjaacckk91 said:

Call in sick mate, I certainly feel it.

lucky I am self employed, i certainly will be thinking of it

Luiz penalty awful, Luiz handball harsh, but seen them given, Leglet shirt pull very harsh, player didn't need to fall down, an a pen in my eyes for Bailey.

So all in all, not too bad, we can beat them at there place, just depends what Villa turns up. I'm Sure Emery will know how to play it.

• Like 2

To concede 4 at home for the first time is pathetic. They weren't that good at all. Every shot went in. Olsen and back 4 get a -10. 

Doesn't matter what we do going forward with that defence. 

Such a let down. I hope Emery drop kicks all of them  heartless, gutless jokers.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

Probably the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen. 

Ruling out our first goal for nothing set the standard and it only got worse from there. 

Whenever we were getting on top he would kill us with another joke decision. I don’t think it’s a conspiracy it’s just incompetence. 

I didn’t think he was that bad. We were just not at the races tonight.

A tough one to take, didn't play great but everything that could go wrong, did go wrong after it was 2-2.  The players looked absolutely knackered, passes a couple of yards ahead of them they just couldn't reach by the end.  Definitely still in it but we need Emi back ASAP for his leadership as much as anything.

Oh well, can't win them all.  Big positives for the second leg will be a different ref and possibly already top 4 confirmed so nothing to lose.  Get the first goal and who knows

I hope we have Emi and Pau back for that second leg. We need to be stronger at the back as we will need to throw a bit of caution to the wind. 

Let's be respectful to our team. We all know that Olsen isn't a great back-up keeper, and that Dougie isn't in his best form. But, we went to Arsenal, top of the league, and won 2-0 against a team that's scored against everyone this season. Get Emi and Pau in and we could score 2 or 3 at least out there, especially if we go into that game with a 10 point cushion over Spurs. 

We are still in this. I'm not giving up on them. How much for El Kaabi as a back-up striker to Ollie? He's a decent player. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Made up 2 goals tonight, can do it again. 

Yeah it's far from over. Crazier things have happened in these competitions.

• Like 2

Very weird game. Not often you see a luckier side than tonight’s edition of Olympiacos. 

• Like 3

Most disappointing as we lost it ourselves. 

Some really poor performances out there. Only the attacking players come out with any credit, Cash had energy too but defensively suspect.

I think tiredness can be to blame but more naivety then anything. 

Well done to them though they punished us. 

I think a good side could overturn this result, but atm we aren't that. We are running on empty and can't see us scoring two more goals then them in Athens. Hope I'm wrong, the players are capable but I just can't see it right now. 

2 minutes ago, picicata said:

We'll do them next week! No worries!

I think it's well within us to beat them next week. You just couldn't legislate for their last two goals. 

Â