Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Match Polls  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/24 at 22:59

You know what? After that display I'm confident there could be a fantastic result against Chelsea.

I've never felt or experienced this kind of feeling around Villa. It's a sense of unbreakable optimism and genuine invincibility for me at the moment. And I love it.

• Like 1

Superb. Brilliant second half performance particularly. Watkins out of this world. Got better as the game went on. Such a complete player now. I don’t know where he gets such energy. The first half was a bit worrying. They seemed capable of attacking us quite easily but we took total control in the second half. Rogers, Diaby and Bailey the other stand outs for me. Everyone put in a huge shift. Tielemans made a big interception tracking back in the second half. Incredible effort. Well done lads. 

16 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

If Konsa doesn't go to the Euros it'll be a travesty. Immense today, completely flawless.

He's not going, 2 caps while Maguire stinks the place out most games. He never lets England down, except all of the times he has. The daft prick is still picking players because they were decent 6 years ago.

What probably doesn't count in Konsa's favour is how much time he's spent at rightback, and he's not good enough there to get a place for England, but he's head and shoulders a better centreback than Maguire and Stones with the added versatility of being able to cover RB in a pinch.

• Like 2

Great result and good performance, at times we overplayed in and around the box, probably should have scored more but given the efforts of the same XI (by and large) just three days ago in France this was a remarkable showing.

I’ve long run out of superlatives to describe Unai and this team, part of me is still waiting for it all to go wrong but holy moly folks, it (whatever it is), may well just be bloody happening!

What a time to be a Villa fan.

• Like 4

Some great attacking and defensive work.

Went with watkins for motm but I would say the majority of the team put in a top performance that 2nd half.

Diabys best game for a good while, perfect timing really.

Baileys running in attack and defence and some great passes.

Konsa using his pace and brains to draw fould when under pressure

Torres with his attacking ability and calmess at the back

Emi with a few crucial saves

Watkins for his all round play

They were the highlights while others still gave 7 out of 10 performances 

4 more wins in the league to go and 3 in Europe please 🤞🤞🤞

So many options for man of the match. Rogers by a smidge for me. Absolutely had the ball on a string and provides a crucial link between defence and attack when we play it out. But Watkins, Bailey, McGinn, Konsa and Tielemans were also superb.

Morgan Rogers - what a player we have on our hands.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's not going, 2 caps while Maguire stinks the place out most games. He never lets England down, except all of the times he has. The daft prick is still picking players because they were decent 6 years ago.

What probably doesn't count in Konsa's favour is how much time he's spent at rightback, and he's not good enough there to get a place for England, but he's head and shoulders a better centreback than Maguire and Stones with the added versatility of being able to cover RB in a pinch.

I think we know that he won't be picked, but if any other manager were taking 4 CB's right now he'd be one of them. He's been tremendous for a very long while, and today was another top performance.

• Like 1

So proud of the team today.

With a depleted and tired squad we managed to win a crucial match and given ourselves a decent chance at 4th place.

Well played to Unai, the team and the fans!

Let's now recharge and get ready for the next match vs Chelsea. UTV!

• Like 1

Great result, even when we was behind im still had tremendous faith.

I gave MOM to Konsa, who i thought was faultless today, but i'm surprised that Tielemans didn't get more votes. I think he has been excellant the last few games.

I wasn't over convinced with Rogers when he played against Luton, but I do think he has got better and better. A lovely footballer, and a great spot by whoever. I reeally rate Ramsey, but you have to say we are not missing him atm.

Watkins , although he didn't score, probably had his best game for a long time. THE perfect forward atm. 

Chelsk game is massive, win that I think it is all over

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Â