Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Match Polls  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/24 at 22:59

5 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Ehh. One mistake in how many games compared to before Emery? 

Like i said, "not entirely." He only played half a season. Let's get it right. The reason the mistake stands out is because it was a costly one, which was my point in the first place.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Like i said, "not entirely." He only played half a season. Let's get it right. The reason the mistake stands out is because it was a costly one, which was my point in the first place.

It also wasn’t under Emery

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

From the moment Dougie got that yellow at the end against Brentford, it couldn’t have gone much better.

Huge effort from this side and manager. Top class. UTV. Perfect weekend.

every cloud has a silver lining.jpg

16 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Ollie was superb second but have to say Rogers all game was superb all game.

growing in confidence, all the time.....I see similarities with him and Cole Palmer.

18 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

That goes some way to explain what kind of striker he is......many strikers, don't do assists.

Such a complete forward, a true thoroughbred....a real specimen of a footballer.

and when you factor in, his ever present fitness record...wow.

He is a gem..........and he is our gem.

Ps I think he has eclipsed Jack, in value to us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Lochheads twin said:

For those old enough, TW3.😀

This week went as well or better than even the most optimistic Villa fan could have hoped.

Good performances all over the park today but looking especially good up front. All 4 forwards carried a threat.

make the most of a few days respite and recharge the batteries. A win against Chelsea may be enough to secure the first objective!

onwards and upwards!

I think Rogers is lighting the touch paper......He is bringing in, so many of our players in to dangerous positions...and love his strong running.

Tielemans is also playing with such a classy swagger.

it all bodes well.

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

That goes some way to explain what kind of striker he is......many strikers, don't do assists.

Such a complete forward, a true thoroughbred....a real specimen of a footballer.

and when you factor in, his ever present fitness record...wow.

He is a gem..........and he is our gem.

Thank you, Dean Smith, for bringing him here.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, catanzaro said:

Thanks for posting Jas.. for a old boy like me who doesn’t know how to work X.. your posts are so appreciated 

ditto.

15 hours ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Gonna say it and yeah it might be spur of the moment... Genuinely think this'll be the most successful Villa era I ever get to see.

Then it will be some era.......I have to say, it's getting very exciting.

I was so heartened yesterday, on how many players could claim MOTM. I feel like a special mention for Tielemans is in order, such a good player, in transition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaBrum said:

Thank you, Dean Smith, for bringing him here.

Yeah.....and thank you Unai, for transforming him, in to the powerhouse he is today.

Edited by TRO

I thought Bournemouth looked very good at times.

They came in to this game with good form....we beat a good side.

A very comprehensive performance from us.

Funny to see Borunemouth constantly playing it long trying to break our lines.

It's such a basic and cheap way to try to counter Unai.

You're basically handing over the initiative of the game to us by doing that. More teams will do it but it will fail miserably.

Playing hoof ball is not a good way to counter Unai.

Edited by Pinebro

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Funny to see Borunemouth constantly playing it long trying to break our lines.

It's such a basic and cheap way to try to counter Unai.

You're basically handing over the initiative of the game to us by doing that. More teams will do it but it will fail miserably.

Playing hoof ball is not a good way to counter Unai.

Man U did it, Newcastle did it, Liverpool did it......I have seen Spurs do it to us, in the past.

The long ball, is not necessarily hoof ball, it can be, but not necessarily so......Good teams can get purchase on a game, with the long ball.....but it's perhaps unwise, to keep playing it, during the game, because it will get countered.

Many possession based teams, use it from time to time.....we did on Sunday. Emi was picking out, our boys with precision kicks out.

The very essence of a threat, is surprise....so whatever system a team chooses, you can't keep playing the same way, because you will get found out.

If a team, plays a highish line, it's an invitation to play the long diagonal ball......Liverpool with quick runners and good ball control, do it well.

There is an antidote, to every system......There is no fool proof way of playing football, you find the one you favour and run with it. ..but, The top guys, like Unai, create adjustments to his overall mantra, to suit the opposition.

• Like 1

On 22/04/2024 at 15:11, BOF said:

We've 101 goals in all competitions so far this season. To put that into perspective that's our joint 9th most prolific season in our history.

Given that we've 6 games left and possibly 7 (Olympiakos pending) ... we have a fairly decent chance of catching the 2nd most prolific season of 116 goals (1928/29).

Here's the top 10.

1. 1930/1931 : 131 goals
2. 1928/1929 : 116
3. 1960/1961 : 115
4. 1974/1975 : 110
5. 1931/1932 : 107
6. 1912/1913 : 106
7. 1976/1977 : 105
7. 1929/1930 : 105
9. 2023/2024 : 101
9. 1891/1892 : 101

Pongo says......leave it out.😀