Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Match Polls  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/24 at 22:59

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I'd say Rogers is becoming a revelation but he isn't, Emery wouldn't have got him if he didn't think he was up to it.

He has been brilliant his last few appearances, has to be fouled to be stopped. Gets me up when he runs with the ball

He’s very direct as a player once he has the ball which I like.  Must be an handful for defenders.  He’s one of our fresher players too so good that he’s playing a big part . 

That was some performance, of the back of this week, with tired legs and a Bournemouth side with a bit about them.  I was nervous, I shouldn’t have been!

Also, the coach at the North Stand and players walking through the fans, stroke of genius to show the players what it meant to the fans, plus loads of kids got themselves a free flag & scarf 👏

• Like 1

Just got back. 

Great result. 

I thought we played well on the whole, there was a 10min spell after the pen where we looked ropey but 2nd half was class. 

Ollie came out like a bloke possessed, he was unplayable 2nd half. 

I also thought Youri had a very good game. 

Cash was all over the place the whole game, we have to improve at RB. Diaby was also crap until his goal, it seemed to settle him down a bit. 

3 more points for our CL quest, it's been a brilliant week for us. 

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think he has to get that impetuous habit out of his game, otherwise, he will lose his place. Far too costly and on another day.

My opinion on Cash has been pretty consistent. He's a solid player who does a lot of good things, but he has his flaws. If we find the right player, upgrades are out there.

Just now, TomC said:

My opinion on Cash has been pretty consistent. He's a solid player who does a lot of good things, but he has his flaws. If we find the right player, upgrades are out there.

All players have flaws or most do. Cash just has that unfortunate habit of making costly mistakes. Mings was no different, his mistakes often proved costly. That impulsivness in someone's game can be difficult to eradicate. 

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

All players have flaws or most do. Cash just has that unfortunate habit of making costly mistakes. Mings was no different, his mistakes often proved costly. That impulsivness in someone's game can be difficult to eradicate. 

True, though Mings is a better player than Cash...

3 minutes ago, TomC said:

True, though Mings is a better player than Cash...

On defending, I thought Konsa was superb today. I'm obviously bias, but, for me, there's no better English centre - half playing has consistently good as him.

• Like 1

Possibly Watkins best performance in a Villa shirt despite not getting a goal himself.  Especially second half.  His control was much better than usual and he was giving their defenders nightmares.  That Rogers looks like a real player, a taller  version of Ramsey.  He and Tielemans were also excellent.  Our goals all came from quality passing and great finishes.  Very impressive after a hard week.

One word I'd use to describe this performance: professional.

We went behind, but it was down to an individual error rather than the team or tactics, but we didn't panic and just methodically carried on probing. After equalising just before half-time we then came back and coolly killed them off, without ever going full throttle or really giving them much of a sniff to get back into the game.

• Like 1

Today was a potential banana skin after 120 mins on Thursday, injuries and suspensions. Despite going a goal behind we’ve come away with 3 deserved points and hopefully no new injuries.

I think pre the Arsenal game we would all have been happy with 4 points so to get 6 is fantastic.

In Unai we trust UTV

• Like 1

https://www.astonvillanews.co.uk/2024/04/21/aston-villa-unai-emery-must-axe-pau-torres-if-he-wants-to-win-v-bournemouth/

giphy.gif

As impressive as Torres has been this season for Villa, he proved the weak point in the defence against Lille and could be dropped from the starting XI – even just to give him a rest after all of the football he has played – with Carlos coming in to replace him against Bournemouth.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

It's okay to think your hot taek. It's okay to tell it to your mates.

It is one thing to post it somewhere on the internet (like this hive of scum and Villany).

It is another to be on a site and sign your name and post your picture and spray that load of bullshit.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

When Emery came around those mistakes disappeared. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flamingsombrero said:

LOL

The worth of this article is sort of summed up by the final piece of hot news 

Who gives an actual **** about Troy Deeney?

Edited by briny_ear

Another brilliant win especially coming from a goal down. Scoring just before HT was important, Ollie was unplayable and Rogers is looking a bargin.

Rest up and come out strong against Chelsea.

UTV

Â