Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Match Polls  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/24 at 22:59

That was a really excellent performance after 120 minutes on Thursday.

Didn't allow Bournemouth to create much, their best chances were from our mistakes.

Excellent going forwards, all of the front 4 were great.

We didn't look exhausted, which i think is the result of how Emery has taught us to how to manage and control games, always thinking long term over the course of the season.

• Like 2

Brilliant. Hard to choose MotM today, but gave it to Leon. Could just as well ave been Rogers, Watkins, McGinn, Tielemans...

Just excellent.

• Like 1

Gave my MOTM to Bailey for all the through balls he put in, started like every attack.

I could have quite easily given it to Rogers, Konsa, Watkins or even Diaby after 2nd half performance 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

As much of nobhead as Martinez plays during the game, I loved that shot of him and Solanke at full time, they're clearly talking about the penalty and about how he knew which way he was going and he's violently gesturing to his eyes :D 

I also like that theater late in the game when he was “slain in action” during a save, and then he lay down with the ball cradled in his arms, … but then he cheekily lifts up his gloved hand and waves at the crowd to make more noise whilst holding his fetal position.  😂 

And the north stand roared 🦁 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 3

I am so proud to be a supporter of this club. That’s an unbelievable performance off the back of the week we’ve had. Emery an absolute genius. Konsa, Rogers, Bailey and Watkins - take a bow. 

• Like 2

For those old enough, TW3.😀

This week went as well or better than even the most optimistic Villa fan could have hoped.

Good performances all over the park today but looking especially good up front. All 4 forwards carried a threat.

make the most of a few days respite and recharge the batteries. A win against Chelsea may be enough to secure the first objective!

onwards and upwards!

Edited by Lochheads twin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

You wouldn't think we'd played 120 minutes three days ago, or that we had just 14 senior players available. Comfortably the better team for all but of the 5 minutes surrounding their goal.

Superb performance today.  Everything you’d want after Thursday night, Bournemouth are a good side and we dealt with them with relative ease.  No drama after conceding first. Watkins was immense.  

• Like 1

Â