Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Match Polls  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/24 at 22:59

8 minutes ago, catanzaro said:

Thanks for posting Jas.. for a old boy like me who doesn’t know how to work X.. your posts are so appreciated 

@Brumstopdogs did the work for me 😆👍

was preoccupied earlier.

What a performance, what a win… feel so much love and pride in this club… super players, elite manager… face all challenges, disruptions, adversity head on and overcome them with no excuses.

Let’s go for the title next season 😂

UTV 💜💙

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

great win, can't wait to see the highlights.

I reckon they get at least 2-3 days off. Earnt it. Gives us a bit of space against Chelsea at least.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

@Brumstopdogs did the work for me 😆👍

was preoccupied earlier.

What a performance, what a win… feel so much love and pride in this club… super players, elite manager… face all challenges, disruptions, adversity head on and overcome them with no excuses.

Let’s go for the title next season 😂

UTV 💜💙

I’m with you.. UTV

• Like 1

Didn’t see the game but it’s a fantastic result for Villa when you consider the games against Arsenal and Lille. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

Digne and Cash had a tough day but Bournemouth are dangerous down the flanks and Cash's slip didn't cost us, and he still has some banked "goodwille from Lille", if you will.

I only saw about 30 minutes of the match, but from what I saw, other than giving up the penalty (which was pretty bad!), Cash played OK today.

Comfortable really , Bournemouth came at us rather than park 11 men behind the ball and we can be  brutal at picking teams off that play that way 

solid performances all round , Konsa was immense though and a shout out to Rogers also

McGinn over run the ball a few times at the edge of our box and nearly caused  us problems but no real concerns other than that

We are so close now , hopefully we can keep the momentum coming for a few more weeks 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TomC said:

I only saw about 30 minutes of the match, but from what I saw, other than giving up the penalty (which was pretty bad!), Cash played OK today.

I think he has to get that impetuous habit out of his game, otherwise, he will lose his place. Far too costly and on another day.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm going to struggle to support England this summer if he continues to pick Henderson, Maguire, Rashford etc

As much as I love my Country in football, it is going to be another Summer of hype and disappointment. 

I am supposed to be sleeping, but I can't. I am still buzzing.

What a team, every player put out an excellent performance. Even Matty, despite giving away the penalty, still played very well otherwise.

Whoever your choice for MOTM is, you are not wrong.

• Like 3

As others have pointed  out Bournemouth have had a decent run since 1st Nov. A bit of context since 1st Nov

points games
Villa 44 24
Bournemouth 36 23
Chelsea 35 21
Fulham 30 23
Man United 35 22
Newcastle 33 22
Spurs 34 22
West Ham 34 24
Wolves 31 23

and the match ...

9/10 ... Ollie
8/10 ... Konsa, Bailey, Diaby, McGinn, Rogers (MotM)
7/10 ... Emi, Pau, Digne, Tielemans, 
6½/10 ... Cash

• Like 2

Â