• Watkins
    • Cash (Lenglet 45)
    • Diaby (Durán 45)
    • Digne (Moreno 63)
    • Zaniolo (Rogers 63)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/03/24 at 23:59

I’d have definitely taken a draw at half time, but can’t help but feel our second half could have won it for us. VAR correct in both decisions although West Ham will cry about it. Felt Emery got it wrong today - we looked much better with the back four that finished the game and Diaby was very good when he came on. Fair play Zaniolo - played well. Can’t help but feel the big victors this weekend is Man Utd. 

1st half we were shyte. 

2nd half, we deserved at least a point. 

All I can say, is despite the fact we weren't at our best, I'm so glad I don't support a side who's whole game plan is based around winning a free kick or corner. 

So this is what it feels like to be a top 4 team as two VAR decisions went our way and bought us a point on a day when we were **** shit. I could get used to the whole top 4 preferential treatment thing. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

We are not as good as we think we are.

I think most of us said we would be happy with a draw pre-game with the likes of McGinn, JJ and Kamara out so I think we got it about right.

Setup/personnel choices wrong to start the game today. Last week and today Unai has made a mess of it which is a concern. 

The half time subs helped massively though because it had us back to our tried and tested way and we got control back of the game. Crazy to me that he didn't start Diaby and I'm sick of seeing Lenglet, enough with that. 

Our record at West Ham is awful so I'd have taken a point. Just have to keep plucking away. 

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

Said a couple of months back while Zaniolo wasn't performing well the team seemed to be doing well when he was in the starting 11. Problem was he kept getting booked and hook early.

Has been unfairly slated and criticised… hasn’t had much time or opportunities to impress and usually out of position too…

The guy has scored 3 crucial goals for us…

secured top spot in ECL group vs Mostar, saved us a point vs Sheff Utd and another today.

Rogers is nowhere near ready.

With Diaby improving, he should be back in the side too.

Duran and Watkins doesn’t work, especially with little to no service. 

Lenglet and Torres was having a nightmare first half, but I think our midfield did not make it easy for them, as neither Tielesman nor Luiz made themselves available.

Diaby, Cash, Digne, Zaniolo all made a big difference. Thought we were decent second half and its a good point to take in what is a notoriously tough fixture for us. 

Torres MOTM, always bringing the ball out and looking to progress our play. Cash a close second for doing well both defensively and offensively in the limited time he had on the pitch. Good to see Diaby returning to some form again finally; looking much more like his old self the last couple of weeks. Happy to see Zaniolo rescue another point for us. Rest up now and lets finally beat the dogheads at Villa Park!

• Like 3

When West Ham scored their second I turned off stream, BBC and Google were still showing the score as 2-1 for ages afterwards, so had no idea it had been ruled out, which isn't very interesting, but makes the result feel better to me as I had thought we'd lost right at the end which would have been gutting and was in fact so when I thought it to be the case

I thought first half we were poor in giving the ball away too much and as a consequence inviting pressure onto ourselves, and in the second half I thought our final ball wasn't great, allowed West Ham to block too many of our crosses, and shots, West Ham get some credit for that, but at times we could have done better.

Overall a good result as we fought back, and in terms of the table we're in a better positon that we were coming into the weekend, we're actually in a better position than if both we  and Spurs had have won, so probably a better position than most would have predicted, as not many were expecting Fulham to get even a dra never mind a win, so that was a huge result for us.

Glad for Zaniolo. For all his faults he cares, and puts a shift in.

Diaby played well as well, as did Cash. Not rocket science, they all brought more pace and energy into the team.

Duran will be ok long term, not sure about Rogers

• Like 2

First 30 minutes both teams were crap, they got a goal and looked slightly better for the last 15 mins, this was mostly down to us giving the ball away cheaply. 

2nd half we were the better team and got a deserved point. Would have liked 3 but given injuries and suspensions I’m happy with the point. Thought Diaby was the difference 2nd half. This was pretty much West Ham’s best 11 as well. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 2

A point gained for me.  Thought we would lose that without 3 of our 4 first team midfield.

Diaby looked good when he came on, which will be a real blessing for the run in. We have to find a way to start him as he can be a real game changer.

• Like 2

Glad to get a point in the end, 1 point gain on Spurs this weekend. These fine margins add up.

Thought Emery got the starting lineup wrong, Digne should have started of Duran did, then brought Duran off and Digne on.

Attack should be Diaby Watkins Bailey, need to see that going forward.

I don’t want to hear anymore Zaniolo slander, that’s two points now he’s got us from potentially getting none. Those two could be enough to secure 4/5th

• Like 2