Match Thread: West Ham v Villa

limpid

I’m really annoyed by that excuse for a performance 😡

Should be enough desire, determination and focus in this team… even without McGinn…

Sloppy and lazy… it’s unacceptable.

Kick their arses Unai!

Duran acting and gesturing like prime Inzaghi every time he doesn't get the pass which is kinda funny since he himself has tunnel vision every time he has the ball and is only looking for his shot. Must be a frustrating guy to play with

cut out the giving the ball away in our third and we have a chance. Bailey needs to see more of the ball.

I would take Lenglet off, he's been an absolute disaster, put Konsa in the CB position (where he belongs) and bring on Cash to cover the RB position.

We also look weak in the middle of the pitch, I would want Tim in there instead of Youri, but having 3 raw youth players on in a game like this is probably not the way to go either.

They’re not going to let us have the corner?

This team is definitely a shell of itself. No McGinn definitely hurting us. Rogers and Duran not close to being ready for this kind of start. Hopefully we get cash and Digne on and put Konsa back in CB. Plenty of time to still get something out of it.

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Well we do create our own problems don't we.

Not a huge fan of half time subs but I'd remove Moreno and Lenglet

Yep, defence lacks balance.

Rogers was such a strange signing, has looked utterly appalling every time I’ve seen him.

Is he really any better than Aaron Ramsey or JBP?

Trampoline touch, scuffed shots, gives the ball away constantly. Had zero faith he’d fashion anything from that opening just before HT.

Why is he playing.

• Like 2

Just now, AshVilla said:

I don't want to see Tielemans in a 2 man midfield again.

Bloke is completely invisible and it's like playing with 10 men. 

Been better than Luiz IMO 🙈

2 minutes ago, maltesemike said:

Why isnt Digne starting? At least he can get a cross in, Moreno looks toothless.

And he’s so one footed he’s continuously going back inside, missing runs down the line

Edited by Radness

Thought we started well, but after 20 minutes the back 5 (including Martinez) have been inventing ways to turn over possession casually/lazily/stupidly.

The shining example being Konsa's appalling "free kick" to Lenglet. It was only 2 more passages of play and they scored.

• Like 1

Just now, WooJung said:

Remember that left back we had last season who could run past players? What happened to him?

He did y have JJ overlapping.

1 minute ago, OhioVilla said:

Midweek seems to sap the legs for Premier League, especially with injuries/suspensions.

Wet Spam also played midweek

Started well, but let West Ham into it and now we have a mountain to climb. There is a case to be made for substituting Langlet and going to a back 4, as well as bringing off Duran and Rogers, who aren't doing a lot.