Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/24 at 23:59

Pretty brutal but the result wasn’t unexpected. I think the injuries have finally caught up with us.

Important week ahead. Need to regroup and focus for Thursday. 

The team need to take a hard look at themselves and apologise to the fans for that shit.

Given the circumstances, it makes the result even worse. I don't even think Spurs were all that good either, we were just wank today. 

I want McGinn to apologise. Love the guy but what was he thinking.

I wonder if Unai Emery has ever suffered such an abysmal home defeat in his managerial career?

It’s times like this I’m grateful I stopped paying to watch games a few years back. Absolutely **** awful display.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Can't remember the last time I saw us be that bad. 

Hopefully a massive wake up and shot in the arm to this group of players.

Hard lessons learnt today. 

We were worse against Luton in the second half 7 days ago. 

Well unless we win every game here on out we have to rely on a bit of good fortune to go our way. CL is still possible but the lack of depth is really showing. I didn’t even hate the tactics, I wish we’d have been more aggressive but once again the start of the 2nd half was a train wreck. I can’t figure that out.

• Like 1

Pathetic team, pathetic mentality. Wrong approach from the start and once again we’ve lost at home to a top half team. And not just lost but totally embarrassed.

We’re just a small provincial club these days with the odd good season. We have financial issues and our ambition in January was to sign a mid table championship player. We’ve been in this position many times before and bottled it. Back to mid table next season I reckon.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Oh Jonathan you really should have double checked with your teammates before saying this because some of them had no idea it was a competitive fixture, let alone an important one. 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

We were worse against Luton in the second half 7 days ago. 

Nah, 2nd half today was abysmal.

To concede 4 goals like that in 50mins is a joke. 

• Like 1

Just now, skarroki said:

Oh Jonathan you really should have double checked with your teammates before saying this because some of them had no idea it was a competitive fixture, let alone an important one. 

He should've checked with himself - he was the biggest let down of all of them.

A big win on Thursday is needed to erase this huge negative today. We need momentum going into the stretch. Thought it was fine keeping tight until HT, but we had a chance to really go for it second half attacking the Holte End but did our normal self destruct in that 5 minute period straight after HT. Our passing and decision making needs a recalibration.

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We don't deserve to qualify for CL 

We are a joke side when an important game is played. 

You’re right. Winning against city and arsenal was practically comedic. I was rolling on the floor laughing 

• Like 3

Just now, Leeroy said:

Pathetic team, pathetic mentality. Wrong approach from the start and once again we’ve lost at home to a top half team. And not just lost but totally embarrassed.

We’re just a small provincial club these days with the odd good season. We have financial issues and our ambition in January was to sign a mid table championship player. We’ve been in this position many times before and bottled it. Back to mid table next season I reckon.

Can someone ban this donut, either a Blue nose or on severe amounts of drugs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â