Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/24 at 23:59

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think a fit Ramsey starts

Eh I don’t buy it. This is the same thing as moving around Cash. Zaniolo on the left isn’t the same as JJ but you take the hit and play the way we’ve played all season instead of that 532 ugliness. 

Not sure if tiredness from midweek set in, but there was no effort in the second half. McGinn over compensated for that and then was stupid

Bad performance, bad result. But the red card is the worst thing. It is really going to hurt us and anything from our next three games will be a bonus when we only have one fit and available senior midfielder.

Edited by MrBlack

Picked a bad week for our two worse performances of the season but giving Watkins a week off will probably have done him some good 

could see after the first 10 mis there  was only going to be one winner today , they were up for it and better than us in every department … sadly means there will be a 20 min wank fest over Spurs on match of the day tonight and they really aren’t that good 

let’s just hope United don’t put a run together as lower than 5th will be a very bitter pill to swallow 

• Like 4

I just hate playing 3 at the back, it always looks so ugly and cedes control of the game to the opposition. We've generally done well in big games at home by attacking the opposition and being positive, not this 'soaking up pressure' stuff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

Would have gone McGinn MotM up until the red card but will go with Zaniolo now. At least he showed some battle.

Did he? I think he could be the most pointless transfer I can ever remember. He offers nothing! We played the last half hour with 9 men with than clown on the pitch! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Emery got it wrong with the set up. Another big game where we have come up wanting.

• Like 2

3 unforgivable errors led to this one 

1st - Emery’s setup. Sends totally the wrong message from the start and gave Spurs all of the momentum 

2nd - Konsa. Overplaying under little pressure gifting them the 2nd goal which killed the game 

3rd - captain fantastic. What on earth was he thinking?

Just now, villan95 said:

Changing our approach for them and then losing feels way worse than if we had just given it a go in our usual way.

Yeah I agree. Feel we showed them far too much respect. Spurs are always open and we should have backed ourselves to take our chances in our normal system.

• Like 1

Should have had a pen in the first 5 minutes, but that aside we’ve been totally outplayed today. Set up wrong, poor individual performances all over the pitch, and SJM getting sent off and banned is the cherry on the cake. 

Our worst performance for some time, at the worst time. In aggregate Spurs are just a better team than us. 

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

Yeah I agree. Feel we showed them far too much respect. Spurs are always open and we should have backed ourselves to take our chances in our normal system.

Definitely. It might have been a bit gung how and a few close shaves but far better to have no regrets.

Useless bottlers

Useless clearings in the woods 

Negative first.half was shite. Mcginn was a **** disgrace. Thanks for that you **** dipshit

Absolute horror show, bottled a big game AGAIN

Mentality midgets. Pricks

• Haha 2

Â