Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

1 minute ago, allani said:

Disagree.  First half we played the tactics and were good.  Second half both left sided defenders were caught too far forward leaving us exposed.  Second goal was just plain stupid.

That's how it's going to be isn't it? First half we limited them to nothing and the tactics worked, second half mistakes and suddenly the tactics don't work

Konsas **** up was nothing to do with tactics, neither was the red card 

Even before the red they’ve been better than us all over the pitch. We set up wrong playing 5 defenders, lost the midfield and the game. McGinn banned for 3 games is a massive blow, couldn’t have gone worse today. A proper bottle job. 

4 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

That’s not a red.  He made a play for the ball and was late.   No studs showing.   Should be a yellow.

What a ridiculous post. Played the man not the ball. A straight red all day long!!

• Like 3

I had to turn the sound down, cannot listen to these two arseholes talk about Villa without any clue or research into why we are conceding goals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I've been smashed like that a 100 times in Sunday League footy. 

I know someone that's been smashed more but I got a 7 day ban for saying that 😂😂🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Honestly some of our fans... if you don't think that was a red get yourself to specsavers. If that has been a Spurs player on one of ours you would have been scream for a red.

It was a stupid challenge, born out of frustration.

Top 4 is now out of our hands, but keeping up the fight is now more difficult with no Mcginn for 3 games. Who replaces him!? 

A late tackle with no straight leg or studs showing

Emery has got this absolutely completely wrong today. Slow out the blocks and a system new to players when we've been dynamic and on the front foot at home all season. I love the man but he has completely ballsed up today with selection, system and style of play.

1 minute ago, allani said:

Disagree.  First half we played the tactics and were good.  Second half both left sided defenders were caught too far forward leaving us exposed.  Second goal was just plain stupid.

We sacrificed our game for what big deal to keep spurs to 1 shot on goal. We're at home go for it they aren't Barcelona.

Disappointing that we’ve basically shot ourselves in the foot today… too many mistakes… haven’t actually been outplayed…

hoped we’d come out strong for the second half (after a controlled and disciplined first half) but it’s something we seem to struggle to do these days…

Expectations have been raised to such a level that performances like that hit a little harder…

Just got to keep going…