Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

1 minute ago, ozvilla28 said:

Disaster this is. That's frustration from him. Tactics completely wrong we got for this game.

Disagree.  First half we played the tactics and were good.  Second half both left sided defenders were caught too far forward leaving us exposed.  Second goal was just plain stupid.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

McGinn made zero attempt to play the ball and was very aggressive. If thats not dangerous play then what is?

Behave it was a foul and that’s it. No studs showing wasn’t off the ground it was cynical but not dangerous. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

The better team is winning here. Can't argue with the scoreline tbh. 

Nope can't argue with the score, they've been the better team. Just so disappointed in our players today

Edited by villan95

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Bad tackle yes but not a red for me. 

Done to any of our players this site would have screamed red absolutely no doubt 

• Like 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Time and time again I hear this word ‘bottled’. I try to ignore it, but I’ll bite here.

Weve not bottled it, we’re just losing to a better team on the day and perhaps even a better side full stop. 

If they finish above us, it will be because they’ve been better than us over 38 games. 

There’s no shame in losing to a better team - the manner of this half has been pathetic. We made it much worse for ourselves with Konsa and McGinn imploding 

• Like 1

20 years ago, that tackle is a booking and you get on with it. 

Everyone is totally soft nowadays, I've been smashed like that a 100 times in Sunday League footy. 

• Like 1

Crazy how the Spurs player jumped up from the tackle and only then realised he was injured. Top class cheating eaten up by the most biased refs in the world! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Time and time again I hear this word ‘bottled’. I try to ignore it, but I’ll bite here.

Weve not bottled it, we’re just losing to a better team on the day and perhaps even a better side full stop. 

If they finish above us, it will be because they’ve been better than us over 38 games. 

Lets not forget plenty of games yet to play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Behave it was a foul and that’s it. No studs showing wasn’t off the ground it was cynical but not dangerous. 

If he just trips him it's a yellow, but he tries to kick a lump out of him, it was properly nasty

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We are still 4th, Tottenham ain't got a easy run in either.

We have no midfield for the next 3 games now thanks to McGinn.

Lack of rotation options in the middle is going to kill us with all the extra fixtures coming up.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1