Match Thread: UECL16: Ajax v Villa

limpid

We’ve been poor so far. Midfield looks clueless. Really missing McGinns energy and drive. 

I don’t think Ollie has had a proper touch of the ball. 

For me Villa far too passive in the first half. Giving too much respect to Ajax who are poor.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Rogers needs a seasons loan in the Championship or a bottom half PL-club. Been utterly invisible.  

He was already doing well in the Championship. Maybe he just needs more than a month of learning where he fits into our team...

• Like 2

Netherlands won’t allow a betting company logo on a shirt but the pitch is surrounded by hoardings advertising BETCITY.NL 😂

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Rogers needs a seasons loan in the Championship or a bottom half PL-club. Been utterly invisible.  

I'd be inclined to agree. Complete passenger first half and we can't afford such poor performances. 

HT without conceding is a blessing. If Ajax were a good side we could easily be 2-3 down.

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Now is the time Unai needs to actively make a chance of approach. We've seen what happens when he fails to do this. 

Fortunately, we've also seen what happens when he does do it.

• Like 1

Well we've not done anything.

Ajax have cut the midfield off so we're having to go wide and well that's been useless because our wide players have been pretty awful. Like I said earlier though, I don't feel particularly worried. Ajax haven't been much better if at all. 

• Like 1

Judging from his first half performance the ref is heading to the premier league. Absolute dogshit incompetent borderline corrupt performance.