Weekends Football 23/25 Febuary

andykeenan

6 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Had a feeling it would be 0-0 after 90 mins. Glad I didn't bother watching.

Chelsea losing to that Liverpool team is really poor.

It was as good a 0-0 you can see to be fair

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Because Liverpool side cost nothing?

Well 5-6 of the final 11 cost nothing. Not like the £200 million centre midfield duo for Chelsea. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Will they? 

Who at Chelsea will make noise about not being a CL player? Nkunku is the only one I can see, they've assembled a billion pound team of players from smaller teams who aren't then playing well enough to make that noise, even sterling for example he's not in a position to be moaning about the CL as he's not playing at that level anymore 

Take Caicedo as another example, other than his ridiculous price tag how's he in a position to moan about the CL? 

Caciedo could've easily gone to Liverpool in the summer (same for Lavia if he's still alive). Mudryk could've been a squad player at Arsenal. Enzo will probably attract interest of teams like Juventus, PSG, Inter, Real Madrid if he starts playing up in a year or two.

Remember aswell most of them are on lower wages than they would get at CL clubs so to me that's where this Chelsea business model starts to disintegrate if they don't start finishing at least 4th again in near future.

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Remember aswell most of them are on lower wages than they would get at CL clubs so to me that's where this Chelsea business model starts to disintegrate if they don't start finishing at least 4th again in near future.

Where are you getting that from? Caicedo didn't turn Liverpool down because they were offering more money then Chelsea. The guys they signed are all on big money contracts, not just long contracts. When your transfer fee is that high you demand the wages that go with it. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Plop have now won the league cup 10 times. Given it has been running for a little over 60 years that is nearly a win every half a dozen years. They really love a league cup.

They didn’t even win their first one until 1981 so it’s been more frequent than that.  

Guy on the radio said they’ve only won it in 90 minutes twice. 

24 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

They didn’t even win their first one until 1981 so it’s been more frequent than that.  

Guy on the radio said they’ve only won it in 90 minutes twice. 

We must be the only club to have once lead on the most league titles, FA Cups and League Cups all at one time, only to be overtaken in all three.

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

We really dodged a bullet with Poch.

He's no better than Potter.

I saw a stat earlier, after 23 games Potter was 1 league position better off but achieved same points despite Poch having a billion to spend and a pre-season.

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Never a red imo 

Fair enough. 

Imo it is.

image.png.b314c03b61c2df4f2d7e736fbe96a83e.png

Look at him watching the ball and not following through, studs up.

Also, according to the refs this IS a red card.

image.png.dc3ec4ae389144233e6a34615f915e38.png

• Like 1

Just now, HKP90 said:

Fair enough. 

Imo it is.

image.png.b314c03b61c2df4f2d7e736fbe96a83e.png

Look at him watching the ball and not following through, studs up.

Also, according to the refs this IS a red card.

image.png.dc3ec4ae389144233e6a34615f915e38.png

Again, the problem is the inconsistency from the officials.

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Does this result mean Chelsea missed out on securing European football next season? Or is the Caraboa cup more obsolete then I realise?

It seems likely 8th place in the league will qualify for Europe this season.

Chelsea are 3 points off 8th with a game in hand. 

Â