Weekends Football 23/25 Febuary

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Genie said:

For all Chelsea’s investments they don’t have anyone to put the ball in the net. They looked visibly confused in front of goal constantly making the wrong decisions.

Jackson looks pish 

They seem to collect attacking wide men who can score but no actual striker to occupy the CBs and control the line 

Agree with Bobzy though they're not as far off as people seem to make them out to be, it's good to laugh at them but they get this striker and a couple of the youngsters come good and they'll be in the European places next season 

• Like 1

And for the £700-800m Liverpool have spent and the £1.5bn odd Chelsea have spent Chelsea had 2 keepers and 3 youth team players on the bench while Liverpool had 6 youth team players on the bench 

Is that all injuries or just lack of good squad building? I know Chelsea will have a few hundred million out on loan 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Jackson looks pish 

They seem to collect attacking wide men who can score but no actual striker to occupy the CBs and control the line 

Agree with Bobzy though they're not as far off as people seem to make them out to be, it's good to laugh at them but they get this striker and a couple of the youngsters come good and they'll be in the European places next season 

They need to be CL again sooner or later with what they're spending surely? And all the players on 7-8 year contracts will get disillusioned with no CL either eventually.

Just now, VillaChris said:

They need to be CL again sooner or later with what they're spending surely? And all the players on 7-8 year contracts will get disillusioned with no CL either eventually.

Will they? 

Who at Chelsea will make noise about not being a CL player? Nkunku is the only one I can see, they've assembled a billion pound team of players from smaller teams who aren't then playing well enough to make that noise, even sterling for example he's not in a position to be moaning about the CL as he's not playing at that level anymore 

Take Caicedo as another example, other than his ridiculous price tag how's he in a position to moan about the CL? 

7 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

We really dodged a bullet with Poch.

He's no better than Potter.

In fairness even if he really is " no better than Potter " I would say Chelsea's woes are more to do with ownership and playing FIFA Managerode after Googling " Highest rated  potential wonder kids I Fifa 2023 ".

Potter is also a good manager, regardless of what his Chelsea time would make some think.

I feel Chelsea have too much quality to not eventually come good, but that " good " could simply turn out to be better than now, and not like the old Chelsea.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

25 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Utter Klopp wankfest 🤮🤮

Yeah. No social media for me this week, could be a good thing 🤣 but already muted the work chat. Asked my manager if I can work from home this week, he said yes as he is as well 🤣

Also no sports TV either as its gonna be 🍆💦💦 over Klopp. 

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Villa, Betis, Sampdoria and IFK Göteborg all win. A rare good weekend for my teams this.

Trying to wrap my head around how you manage the stress of supporting four teams 😂.

Guaranteed you support your National Team as well?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Well deserved in the end, dreading playing them in last home game. Won't be about Villa getting top 4, will just be about Klopp

I'm not at all, it's a free hit for us and at home, for them it's a very difficult game and it could be critical to their championship push, hopefully for us things will be decided by then, at least for 5th and champions league.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Trying to wrap my head around how you manage the stress of supporting four teams 😂.

Guaranteed you support your National Team as well?

Very casual Betis and Sampdoria fan even thou I've been a fan of Sampdoria since the late 80's and Betis the mid 90's. Up until 5-10 years ago I watched most games thou. Villa and IFK has been my teams since I was 4-5 y.o in the very early 80's. Villa are the only club I really burn for these days, mainly because no money and modern football has turned Swedish league football too poor. Half of the games played on plastic also destroys it for me.

National side isn't that important to me these days but the summer of 94 with the US WC is still my best summer ever.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Delighted for Chelsea. They are everything that’s wrong with football. 

Billions of pounds and they can’t beat Liverpool’s u21s! 

Because Liverpool side cost nothing?

Â