Weekends Football 23/25 Febuary

andykeenan

Or we could, you know, just make all offsides offside and we wouldn't have players standing in offside positions, although I am aware that we (Villa and Macphee) do try to take advantage of the rules as they are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Endo (from an offside position) clearly blocked a man that could have got to the ball before Van Dyk.

He probably wouldn't have, but could have.

For that reason, it has to be offside.

I think it's a bit harsh but I see where you're coming from. He wasn't a million miles away, and if he was so inconsequential, why is Endo going out of his way to block his run?

It's close enough he'd probably be trying to get to the ball even if van Dijk is closer and stronger.

• Like 1

If you're Chelsea you're surely looking at bringing Kane back in the summer.

I mean, they won't win anything with him, he's the kiss of death for trophy hauls, but still. At least they'd get Europe.

Just now, stewiek2 said:

I mean, they won't win anything with him, he's the kiss of death for trophy hauls, but still. At least they'd get Europe.

You'd think Kane will have to stay at least next season at Bayern to try and win something finally

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I think it's a bit harsh but I see where you're coming from. He wasn't a million miles away, and if he was so inconsequential, why is Endo going out of his way to block his run?

It's close enough he'd probably be trying to get to the ball even if van Dijk is closer and stronger.

Just now, nick76 said:

No way!

He was virtually alongside him before Endo blocked his run. Endo, making no attempt to play a ball, and clearly just there to block a runner. If he wants to interfere with play, he should do it from an onside position. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Think they're going all in for Oshimen.

Napoli aren't making CL so they will sell in the summer.

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He was virtually alongside him before Endo blocked his run. Endo, making no attempt to play a ball, and clearly just there to block a runner. If he wants to interfere with play, he should do it from an onside position. 

I don’t really care because isn’t Villa….

but I think that should’ve been a goal (as it was inside the rules imo).  Don’t care enough to argue tbh.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think they're going all in for Oshimen.

Napoli aren't making CL so they will sell in the summer.

Problem with signing an Ohsimen is the same with all African players, crucially at a club that needs goals. African nations. They are, quite rightly, fiercely patrionic so will be lost for a while.

Mind with old conknosed in charge of England Kane will be run into the ground at international level even in pointless games such as giving him the full game at home to bloody Malta 🙄

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t really care because isn’t Villa….

but I think that should’ve been a goal (as it was inside the rules imo).  Don’t care enough to argue tbh.

I'm glad it was disallowed as it is all the liverpool fans on the work chat have gone on about for the last 20 odd mins. We was robbed etc... I hope Chelsea win so they will be quiet for the evening! 

• Haha 1

Â