Ratings & Reactions: Fulham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/02/24 at 23:59

Ref made that closer than it should have been. Well played Villa and especially Pau.

I gave MotM to Martinez for ensuring we took the three points, but Pau was probably even more deserving than Watkins because he gives us options moving forwards with his composure and passing range. He was excellent.

With all of that said, we can't keep missing easy chances, especially against the teams that 'let us play/give us room'. Overall, much better and encouraging.

Credit to Unai as well, that was an important win.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Great result!

Interesting that the fulham fans were booing the ref and chanting against him at the end. Did he make a lot of poor decisions in both directions?

They ain't got a clue. If the ref did his job properly we would of won by 4 or 5.

• Like 2

Ollie's lethality and Emi's nervelessness in terrifying one one ones carried us over the line there. It was a frustrating goal to concede, but Lenglet did have a couple of good clearances otherwise and I'll gratefully take any win we can get with a makeshift defence and horrible luck with injuries tbh. I thought the mentality to grind it out was good after the immense frustration of last week

Good clean tackle by Tim to dispossess Adama in midfield near the end and all

Ref was not super consistent or in control of the game from a disciplinary POV as it went on, and I think both teams had reason to feel aggrieved, but the non-penalty and the tight offside against Moreno were the most significant of them AFAIC

Fulham will perhaps consider themselves unlucky to have not got a point, but it's ultimately karmic justice for their owner's despicable refusal to give a sustained singles push to Powerhouse Hobbs

I love me an away win on a Saturday afternoon. UTV you lovely beautiful group of footballing legends. Let’s get behind them next week guys. Forrest are on the up. We’ll need the twelfth man.

• Like 2

We are so frail defensively with Mings and Konsa both out. Just gotta make it work. Great performance, just wish we were a bit more clinical game would have been over in the first half. 

• Like 1

Great result

Blood Pressure through the roof

I’m still convinced that was not offside, those lines were awful and surely Watkins should’ve had a penalty.  Thank god it didn’t affect the result.

Ref was poor, VAR was far far worse.

Ollie was awesome

I feel so much better with Torres back.

Thank you Wolves

Onto the Forest game now…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TomC said:

I agree that the ref was pretty bad today, but the idea that there's some sort of conspiracy against us is ridiculous. Fulham probably had more complaints than we did.

Watkins penalty? Well, then give two against Pau in the first half at our end.

Offside on the Moreno goal? Probably wrong, but it was close. Offset that with the Doug back pass to Emi...you can argue that he didn't deliberately kick it to him, but that's a borderline one our way.

How about the clear corner off Cash at our end that they gave us a goal kick instead?

Never explain something with a conspiracy when you can explain it with basic incompetency.

That's a big stretch.  Moreno scored and the only people who think he was offside were the linesman and the VAR official.  The stream I watched said it was a shocking call and questioned the placement of the lines.  Then Ollie was clean through in the perfect position (for him) to shoot and he gets taken out.  Penalty and a possible red card.

The two possible penalties against Pau the attacker is running to the byeline and definitely doesn't have a clear chance of scoring.

I agree with your point about it not being a conspiracy against us - the stream I was watching said that they thought VAR didn't want to embarrass a young ref in his first PL game and so were keen to back his onfield decisions to give him some confidence.

• Like 4

They had to win today otherwise Chris Heck would have called them all c*cksuckers and sacked them on the spot! 

• Haha 4

Â