Ratings & Reactions: Fulham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/02/24 at 23:59

5 minutes ago, Ouchmefoot said:

15 others agree with you on the vote atm.

I gave 'very poor' for the officiating in general. VAR shafted us twice and free kicks were given for nothing. Thankfully, it didn't cost us this time (unlike man u and newcastle)

The vote is for "refereeing", not "referee". It's all the match officials.

• Like 1

Great result, didn't expect it.

Got a bit anxious, with the long balls, and crosses in to our box.

We must have to be chain sawed, to get a penalty, shocking decision, completely played the man.

Pau brought the class back to the team....and ollie had his clinical boots on, and Bailey was unlucky with a worldie.....Emi, congrats on a game winning save.

Good to see JJ easing back in.

Hats off to the gaffa....for having such a miserable injury list to balance.

could easily have been 4/5....thanks to a benevolent team of officials, it was closer than it should have been

Edited by TRO

I gave McGinn motm, without that drive and determination, we probably don't get over the line. When he has gone, my God, we will understand why every pundit to a man hails his qualities. A proper players player. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Cheer up fella

I'm over the moon with that result Jas....so many positives...excl the officials.

They are not a bad side, Fulham....and we looked, getting back to our best.

Edited by TRO

VAR was even worse then usual today. They messed up the lines for deciding whether Moreno was onside or not and didn't overule the ref for a stone wall penalty, as they 'didn't want to knock his confidence'. It's about making the right decision...not protecting your colleagues.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Great result, didn't expect it.

Got a bit anxious, with the long balls, and crosses in to our box.

We must have to be chain sawed, to get a penalty, shocking decision, completely played the man.

Pau brought the class back to the team....and ollie had his clinical boots on, and Bailey was unlucky with a worldie.....Emi, congrats on a game winning save.

Good to see JJ easing back in.

Hats off to the gaffa....for having such a miserable injury list to balance.

could easily have been 4/5....thanks to a benevolent team of officials, it was closer than it should have been

I really hope McGinn never plays for another English club. Definitely in the top five of the best Scottish players to wear claret and blue. You were so right to point out his qualities the other day. Without players like him, you can't have a successful team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Now I’m wondering how Sky are going to deal with this because before last weeks game they did a discussion on the top 3.

Then when Spurs jumped back into the Top4 I noticed Sky Friday morning talked about Top 4.

i wonder if we’ll go back to Top 3 talk on Sky next week.  

Now I don’t think we’ll win the league but neither did I think that Spurs could, it’s just hypocrisy of it.

If we was Top of the League, they would find a way to exclude us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The ref also gave Fulham a free kick from an air kick from Bailey which was nowhere near Cairney's head which they scored the offside goal from. So many baffling calls today.

Doesn't help the ref though when Cairney goes holding his head after no contact.

15 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Just watched the highlights and I’m not on the conspiracy theory bandwagon but ffs putting the offside lines against Bailey who wasn’t involved rather than Moreno is almost as bad as ruling out Liverpool’s goal vs spurs and as for that Penalty on Watkins that shouldn’t need VAR to give the pen because it’s clear and obvious but for VAR to then not overturn it, Jesus Christ that’s mad.

Again, they drew the lines with Moreno's shoulder/shoulder blade, you can see the dotted lines, Bailey had nothing to do with it.

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I really hope McGinn never plays for another English club. Definitely in the top five of the best Scottish players to wear claret and blue. You were so right to point out his qualities the other day. Without players like him, you can't have a successful team. 

I know my love of " Football Spirit"  in a player, gets teased and challenged.....but I simply love to see it in a player....I loved the same from Cropley and Gray, even Peter Withe.

John has it, and has emerged from a long list of players, who had it, before him.

I will never change Sheepy, I just love a trier.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2