Ratings & Reactions: Fulham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/02/24 at 23:59

At times we look unplayable other times disorganised.

The officials were bad, the offside line was drawn from Bailey, who never had any involvement and a blatant penalty was ignored "because var wanted to support a novice ref who had missed it" 

Had to sit in the Johnny Haynes end was very difficult to control my emotions especially when Watkins was wiped out in the penalty area and no pen awarded.

Fulham is a great ground very old school,the whole stand I was in was wooden didn’t think that was allowed after Bradford Fire.

Wasn’t Luizs best game but he reminds me so much of Dennis Mortimer in the way he runs forward with the ball maybe it’s the beard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Love it

Forget the fancy football or the high line, the main thing Unai has brought to villa in 2023 is the ability to see tight games out despite pressure, we're not the villa of old

That today is a sign that we've not lost it despite the rough start to 2024 

To be fair, for those of us with eyes, the signs were all there against United. We should have won that easy, we had less than half the shots on target today and we've beat a very good Fulham at their place. If Bailey's shot off the bar had gone in we'd have run riot. 

Emery is a top word removed, no way round it. Even with the injuries and players still playing their way into some form (Ramsey, Moreno) we play some very nice football. An injury to Watkins would be interesting but fingers crossed ay.

6 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

Had to sit in the Johnny Haynes end was very difficult to control my emotions especially when Watkins was wiped out in the penalty area and no pen awarded.

Fulham is a great ground very old school,the whole stand I was in was wooden didn’t think that was allowed after Bradford Fire.

Wasn’t Luizs best game but he reminds me so much of Dennis Mortimer in the way he runs forward with the ball maybe it’s the beard.

Love Craven Cottage, used to work in Hammersmith and made full use of the neutral section when they played midweek. Great ground.

• Like 1

Like last week another game we should have won comfortably , but thankfully we hung on in there , thanks to a big save from Emi near the end 

I went for Lenglet today at MOTM , he gets a lot of criticism on here but he made a some timely interceptions today and did his job well , maybe we’ve stumbled onto a partnership here !

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Fulham's fans are going nuts about this referee, I mean I get it, but I'd say we got the worst of him.

I can’t see anything for them to moan about tbh

that pen that we weren’t given though is another story 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

He really is top drawer.....I still don't know, how we got him.

He stands out like a thoroughbred.

His calm and composure, is staggering.....another Beckenbaur.

I voted him for MOTM (tough on Ollie who scored twice).  But Pau just makes us purr.  So calm on the ball, such a great range of passing and it was noticeable today that he's getting a bit more physical too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Like last week another game we should have won comfortably , but thankfully we hung on in there , thanks to a big save from Emi near the end 

I went for Lenglet today at MOTM , he gets a lot of criticism on here but he made a some timely interceptions today and did his job well , maybe we’ve stumbled onto a partnership here !

Didn’t he blunder for their goal? 

59 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Fulham's fans are going nuts about this referee, I mean I get it, but I'd say we got the worst of him.

My river wasn't the best but I didn't really see any major decisions either way that he called badly wrong.

I was surprised there were only 5 minutes at the end, was 7 in first half and you had Emi doing his usual time wasting tactics and some of our players going down so I was expecting 7-8 minutes.

Oh yeah just remembered the backpass Emi picked up right at start of the second. We got away with that one as whoever played it back meant it.

• Like 1

Just need to maintain that winning habit again. Three points next week, please, and, believe me, we are going to have to work hard for every point from here on in.

The fact that it's in our hands is so rewarding. Let's just grasp the responsibility and Champions League here we come. 

Great result, and those results around us too.

Played well, especially as we were away and given our injury downer, and the terrible officiating/VAR.

How important Pau is to this team, felt so much more comfortable and had a greater range, he settles the side and offers so much. Brilliant he’s back, goes a long way to comfort the Kamara loss.

Watkins and Bailey looked dangerous, fair play to Watkins, he was hot today. When you look at him vs Haaland, he is so much more efficient.

Offside goal should have stood; we should have had a penalty. The stats were close, but we were far and away the better side today.

Could win and should target 4 wins in the next four games looking at it. I feel we have shaken off our Christmas down turn.

1 hour ago, allani said:

I voted him for MOTM (tough on Ollie who scored twice).  But Pau just makes us purr.  So calm on the ball, such a great range of passing and it was noticeable today that he's getting a bit more physical too.

Just beautiful to watch. I said it previously, defensively, no - one will ever come close to McGrath, but, possession wise, I haven't seen a better centre - half in a Villa shirt. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1