Ratings & Reactions: Fulham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/02/24 at 23:59

I thought the ref was actually quite good, it must have been his first PL match?  I've never seen him before anyway.  The VAR let him down with the penalty on Watkins.  Utterly baffled by that.  Massive save from Martinez to clinch the points, there was no way we deserved not to win today.  Ollie is fantastic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 PL games in charge of Villa for Emery: 30 wins. And he had to work on a less-than-optimal side with no Kamara or Konsa today. But we won a tough game against a resilient side off the back of an impressive win of their own. 

Ollie did well with his shots but it was McGinn who was MOTM for me, at his absolute tigerish best. 

• Like 1

Good win despite PGMOLs best efforts to see we drop points. If we play like that we’ll pick up wins. Great seeing Spurs beat also, they’re far from guaranteed a CL spot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not sure I blame the ref individually, but collectively the officiating was a disgrace today. Not only did they manage to get the offside wrong, even after the lines literally show Moreno as onside (don’t buy the nonsense about Bailey interfering) but they managed to just ignore an absolute blatant penalty on Watkins. How on earth they can just ignore that foul, I’ll never know.

Our performance was very good. We deserved to win and probably by more. Torres makes a massive difference back there and I actually thought Lenglet played well alongside him. That looks like it might be a solid enough pairing to see us through until the end of the season.

No review on Palhinha's disgusting, dangerous foul on McGinn either which should have been upgraded to a red. There's a reason why the Fulham manager subbed him off soon after.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have the ref average as that’s is the average now. Refs in this league are terrible, the VARs are worse. 

Offside decision, wrong

Penalty decision, wrong 

And I’d argue the Diop stamp is a red card. 

• Like 2

That’s exactly what we needed! Great effort from the lads and could/should have been more than two but Watkins took his goals so well.

Villa win away, Spurs lose at home. Two points clear again in fourth. 

UTV!!

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Reality, with genuine penalty and fake offside call

4-1 great result.

We were great in that first half, definitely deserved more goals.

Denied a goal and a clear penalty too.

Â