Match Thread: Fulham v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

It was clearly going from Moreno's shoulder, Bailey's foot just happens to be on the same line, you can see red dotted line up the back of Moreno although that's a shit screenshot to see it well

If that red line is with Morenos shoulder then he must have the wingspan of a jumbo jet

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Callum said:

Im not resting until we get some form of offside explanation? 

Theyre fixing games infront of our eyes here. 

That's the problem with non automated offsides. It's always the judgement of some plebs at Stockley Park. So if say John Moss could give that as inside but Anthony Taylor off. It's pretty clear to me. The goalscorer was onside. That should be the end of it, not roll it back to the fact that Oh Bailey was offside so the defender couldn't get to Moreno. No, wrong. The defender chose to mark Bailey, therefore leaving Moreno unmarked. Had her not marked Bailey and instead Moreno, simply put he'd had headed the ball away. We were punished for shit defending and those tossers at Stockley Park failed to see that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The defender's foot was nearer the goal than Moreno's arse, so how can he be offside?

Must be Bailey. He is seen as having interfered with the play.

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

So, when looking at the VAR screen they have put the attacking line against Baileys foot... was he even involved? Moreno was onside

Yes because the man closest to moreno is marking Bailey. Bailey being offside is occupying ream which makes it offside. 

That's the correct decision but they don't make that decision consistently. 

2 minutes ago, villan95 said:

They've drawn the line on Moreno which is correct. You can see the little dotted line going down from his back.

The line from the defender looks like it is coming from the middle of his foot though.  It's a poor decision.

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Looks like a slight red dotted line draw down from morenos elbow or something. Still not sure it should be offside

I think from the way he is leaning it's his shoulder blade that's offside.  Really close but I think it was a fair call.

• Like 1

Var booths should be micd up and they should account for their decisions in real time and these should be made available to the fans.

Accountability is one of the main things the PGMOL are missing. That and competence.

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Not televised and no online or MW radio means I'm having to sit in the car on my own drive to listen to this game - stupid country.

done that a few times in the past 

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

I think from the way he is leaning it's his shoulder blade that's offside.  Really close but I think it was a fair call.

Then why isn’t it touching the line that was drawn?

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Yes because the man closest to moreno is marking Bailey. Bailey being offside is occupying ream which makes it offside. 

That's the correct decision but they don't make that decision consistently. 

They never make that decision, its always the last defender, doesn't matter where that defender it. And it's always been the player who scores, their just making it up to make sure they don't go against the new ref

Just now, WooJung said:

Var booths should be micd up and they should account for their decisions in real time and these should be made available to the fans.

Accountability is one of the main things the PGMOL are missing. That and competence.

If they had accountability, everyone would know they don't have competence.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Then why isn’t it touching the line that was drawn?

It was on the broadcast, but the quality of the image on the platform formerly known as Twitter is dire.

They should just change the offside rule back to whoever is furthest ahead, no matter if he interferes. Would make things much easier to judge, and what would we really lose?

1 minute ago, allani said:

The line from the defender looks like it is coming from the middle of his foot though.  It's a poor decision.

I can't really tell where the Fulham defender's boot ends tbh. Ridiculous that these decisions are made on pixilated images