Match Thread: Villa v Man United

limpid

Just now, bobzy said:

Cash dives - Casemiro booking.

As usual, ref has been fine. VT blames ref for our inadequacies. 

Ah ok, the evidence of the ref doing alright is a mistake in the opposite direction, it all makes sense :D 

• Like 4

In the most calm, rational and objective way, I feel I can take a step back from this game and my partisan allegiance, and nevertheless declare that I really hope that ratty bastard Fernandes suffers a career-ending injury. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Ah ok, the evidence of the ref doing alright is a mistake in the opposite direction, it all makes sense :D 

Ref has been fine. I’m struggling to think of anything wildly wrong aside from their free kick before the corner - but I can see why that was given. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

The defeat is inevitable, it was all about who scored first. If we did we wouldn't lose. If we conceded first we lose. 

Game is over ended when we did our usual and conceded early 

It’s only half time mate 

How many times have we seen this, outplaying Utd but loosing? In fairness we have done OK, and with a bit of a fair wind we should be level. My major worry is Cash, nothing wrong with his effort, he has been busting a gut all over the place, just his application and decision making need to improve.

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

Cash dives - Casemiro booking.

As usual, ref has been fine. VT blames ref for our inadequacies. 

Did they score from it? Were we offside leading from the freekick leading to a goal?

objectively wrong foul on rashford, objective offside  ‚ref is fine’ 

so desperate to appear neutral, mad honestly 

I've enjoyed that performance.

We are playing with good amount of verve and tempo.

Get the feeling though we'll continue to find more ways in second half of carving Man. United open (they really aren't that difficult to score past) and then completely fudge the pass or shot. Then concede another cheap set piece goal when they bring McTominay on.

Neville on comms called it after 10 minutes that Kamara was struggling against Maguire. Surely one of the CBs has to see that and take some responsibility as he's won pretty much every corner they've put in.

There's still something in this game for us but we badly need to score the next goal.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't think we need a change of personnel, we're doing alright, but if we continue to have Kamara on Maguire I think I'll cry, what is it 3 free headers in the box? We're making him look absolutely lethal

Great to see Ramsey back and has made a real difference to the balance of our midfield.

I think on the whole at worst we should be level but just haven't been clinical enough.

Someone else clearly needs to pick up Maguire on corners as that seems one of their biggest threats!

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

The defeat is inevitable, it was all about who scored first. If we did we wouldn't lose. If we conceded first we lose. 

Game is over ended when we did our usual and conceded early 

I doubt it.

If we play the same and lose, its just standard Villa vs Man U.

Looking much better than we were against Chelsea.

We’re doing well here. Their goal was incredibly lucky for a number of reasons and we have had good chances. We should be winning not losing here. Keep the faith everyone our luck is about to change.

• Thanks 1