Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

58 minutes ago, burchy said:

I like the look of André at Fluminense.

was linked to atletico in jan with a crazy loan to buy with something like a £15m upfront fee and then a £30m obligation to buy but I'm not sure if it was a smoke screen to get the Belgian kid 

unfortunately I'm not convinced we're yet in a position where we could take the time with him for that money, guessing he'd have a similar development path as dougie 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Are clubs allowed to sign free agents outside the transfer window?

I believe they are but you can't register them in your PL squad without special dispensation from the league (such as signing a goalkeeper if you get a freak injury run to 3 of then). In our case,  we have 5 goalkeeper anyway so not sure we'd get a dispensation anyway.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

well, we will need a DM now for sure, Kamara probably wont be back until christmas 2024, and probably wont be remotely fit and up to speed until the new year of 2025, So somewhere between dec 2024 and feb/mar 2025 before he's fully back with us and hopefully playing to the same level as before.

assuming its a 9-12 month recovery period.

I think we should look to loan someone to cover bouba otherwise we spend a big % of our budget to cover someone for less than a year. Or ideally Tim comes in and performs well enough 

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

who did we buy next summer so I can go make a bet

Obviously referring to the window just gone, you can't be that stupid not to realise that.

17 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Obviously referring to the window just gone, you can't be that stupid not to realise that.

was the thread title not a giveaway

maybe you were too well educated to understand thats what people would be talking about in here 😛 

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

was the thread title not a giveaway

maybe you were too well educated to understand thats what people would be talking about in here 😛 

I take these threads of discussing transfer business, past, present, future.

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Isn't he moving to Fulham?

Feels like they've earmarked him as Joao Paliniha's replacement when the time comes although eventually another team can gazump that if they wait more months.

We've got to be a little careful we don't get to a point where our midfield suddenly breaks up at the same time. Summer 2025 would have potentially Luiz with one year left (although we'll probably make a decision either way by then rather than risk him going into last 12 months again) Kamara with two years left and McGinn into his 30s so might not be as effective at what he does.

Saw Liverpool last season really struggle when all of their midfield just declined at the same time so it makes sense to buy another Kamara type I think, someone in 23-24 age profile who's already reasonably experienced in a major league.

• Like 1

Monchi has his scouting team on full alert, for the summer...we need Centre backs.

" They Must be tall lads"....." for those ****ing headers.

meercats.jpg

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Monchi has his scouting team of full alert, for the summer...we need Centre backs.

" They Must be tall lads"

meercats.jpg

More like " They must all have Bionic Cyborg ACL knee replacements "

• Haha 3

Â