Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

On 09/02/2024 at 09:06, burchy said:

Personally I think we need a new RB/CB and I’d go for Geertruida (1st) or Simakan (2nd).

Then we need a CM, DM cover, LM/LW and possibly a striker. 

Veerman for the CM as he’s class and wouldn’t be too expensive from PSV. I’d like Bakayoko form PsV also but we’re stacked with lefties wide right. 

DM I would have liked Vermeeren but that ship has sailed. Perhaps a punt on a youngster like Seiwald or similar. K Thuram would be nice but he might be a bit pricey. I’ve always liked Caqueret at Lyon. 

For LM I’d love us to break the bank and go for someone like Simons or Wirtz or similar. We need someone on the left that can do what Bailey’s done on the right for us.

If we were going down the LW/IF route then Felix or F Torres would be decent shouts. 

Striker I haven’t got a clue. Liked the look of Openda before he went to Leipzig. Boniface would be good but not sure he’d fit as he plays more from the left. Perhaps a wildcard youngster like Kilicsoy or Konate perhaps.

Would anyone take Lukaku on a short term deal?

The last line just ruined my chances of taking this post seriously..... Felix is also laughable.....

Edited by Villan_of_oz

On 09/02/2024 at 06:36, burchy said:

Personally I think we need a new RB/CB and I’d go for Geertruida (1st) or Simakan (2nd).

Then we need a CM, DM cover, LM/LW and possibly a striker. 

Veerman for the CM as he’s class and wouldn’t be too expensive from PSV. I’d like Bakayoko form PsV also but we’re stacked with lefties wide right. 

DM I would have liked Vermeeren but that ship has sailed. Perhaps a punt on a youngster like Seiwald or similar. K Thuram would be nice but he might be a bit pricey. I’ve always liked Caqueret at Lyon. 

For LM I’d love us to break the bank and go for someone like Simons or Wirtz or similar. We need someone on the left that can do what Bailey’s done on the right for us.

If we were going down the LW/IF route then Felix or F Torres would be decent shouts. 

Striker I haven’t got a clue. Liked the look of Openda before he went to Leipzig. Boniface would be good but not sure he’d fit as he plays more from the left. Perhaps a wildcard youngster like Kilicsoy or Konate perhaps.

Would anyone take Lukaku on a short term deal?

These player wish lists are hilarious at times.

What's important is we address the squad depth to cope with injuries.

Chambers, Hause and presumably Lenglet will leave us.  So one reliable centre back to replace all of those is a must. Torres had been very reliant with injuries so hopefully a freak lay off for him. Mings should be back,  so one replacing three of the above would be good (and maybe release funds to be used elsewhere).

Elsewhere in defence we could ideally do with selling Cash for a decent amount of money,  and getting a ready replacement. This let's Konsa go back to CB, providing depth there and allowing konsa to still be the cover right back. Unless we think the signing of Nedeljkovic can take that spot?

Hopefully we sell Donk as well and get a reliable DM in to replace him that suits the way we play.

Then assuming we have to buy Archer back I think we solve the alternative option to Watkins (sure some will disagree).

3 or 4 signings,  5 outgoings. Would be ideal window for me. Big ask really.

Edited by MrBlack

4 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Why, what do you know about him?

If you are asking me then you should not have suggested a player you have no knowledge of......

His wage demands alone would make him unrealistic to start with

Edited by Villan_of_oz

20 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

They are basically a list of players who are good in Football Manager or EA Sports FC, not real life.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

If you are asking me then you should not have suggested a player you have no knowledge of......

I have some knowledge but you claim to know something I do not. Having complete and absolute knowledge on a subject is rare so share what you know. Your first reply to me on this subject makes me wonder just what you do know. So don’t prevaricate please tell all.

4 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

I have some knowledge but you claim to know something I do not. Having complete and absolute knowledge on a subject is rare so share what you know. Your first reply to me on this subject makes me wonder just what you do know. So don’t prevaricate please tell all.....

sorry I did edit my last post.... His wage demands make him an unrealistic target. His mother is (was) his agent, she is incredibly difficult to deal with.... Rabiot is by all accounts a massive pain in the arse and he would never be lured to midlands, and that makes me happy... prevaricate needed a comma after it, a waste of a good word

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Rabiot is trouble though he has worked with Unai before

Thanks for this. Given that Unai has worked with Rabiot before he will know the full extent of the “trouble” Rabiot brings so is best placed to make a judgement. If Unai thinks Rabiot is OK then fine by me.

Just now, PerryBarrPet said:

Thanks for this. Given that Unai has worked with Rabiot before he will know the full extent of the “trouble” Rabiot brings so is best placed to make a judgement. If Unai thinks Rabiot is OK then fine by me.

Rabiot would not even make Unai's xmas card list 😅

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Rabiot would not even make Unai's xmas card list 😅

Something else you know? If it is please explain. No need for perfect grammar and punctuation on VT; the substance is far more important. 

3 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Something else you know? If it is please explain. No need for perfect grammar and punctuation on VT; the substance is far more important. 

Hahah no I know nothing, it was just a humorous tidbit for you... I hate Xmas and no one gets a Xmas card from me, so I am not really qualified to talk on the subject.... I retract my comment 😅

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

I get the LM/LW options being fanciful but what’s so hilarious about the others?

Also, supporters can have knowledge about players, which they’ve watched or researched, etc, without the throw away FIFA/FM comments being banded about the place to discredit genuine knowledge. 

If you have other player options then by all means say. There seems to be far too many on here that like to ridicule other posters but add nothing to the overall discussion themselves.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, burchy said:

If you have other player options then by all means say. There seems to be far too many on here that like to ridicule other posters but add nothing to the overall discussion themselves.

Spot on, thank you.

21 minutes ago, burchy said:

I get the LM/LW options being fanciful but what’s so hilarious about the others?

Also, supporters can have knowledge about players, which they’ve watched or researched, etc, without the throw away FIFA/FM comments being banded about the place to discredit genuine knowledge. 

I'm sorry if I offended you,

We would never pay Lukaku's wages plus he's failed in the PL too many times. We would never pay Felix's wages and he fails to live up to his costs.

31 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm sorry if I offended you,

We would never pay Lukaku's wages plus he's failed in the PL too many times. We would never pay Felix's wages and he fails to live up to his costs.

No offence taken, the Lukaku comment was just to spark debate. He’s a good player, with a good scoring record but far too much baggage.

Felix and F. Torres were in there as it was rumoured we were interested previously. Personally I’d rather go for a less pricey option on the left such as Gouiri, who I think would work really in an Emery system. 

I just tire of the openly critical posters here sometimes. We all have opinions and they are all equally valid.

Edited by burchy

Â