Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

11 minutes ago, burchy said:

No offence taken, the Lukaku comment was just to spark debate. He’s a good player, with a good scoring record but far too much baggage.

Felix and F. Torres were in there as it was rumoured we were interested previously. Personally I’d rather go for a less pricey option on the left such as Gouiri, who I think would work really in an Emery system. 

I just tire of the openly critical posters here sometimes. We all have opinions and they are all equally valid.

All opinions are valid, don't let the criticism bother you it's an internet forum. I will try and be more thoughtful of my own responses.

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm sorry if I offended you,

We would never pay Lukaku's wages plus he's failed in the PL too many times. We would never pay Felix's wages and he fails to live up to his costs.

Not saying we should sign him but this is something annoys me when it comes up all the time but he is 20th highest scorer in the league history

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not saying we should sign him but this is something annoys me when it comes up all the time but he is 20th highest scorer in the league history

Yes I know, but his last quality season was 16/17 for Everton.... You don't pay 300kpw+ for someone who was good over 6 seasons ago 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

PL teams have spent over £210m on fees for him for less than a goal every other game.  Must be one of the worst value for money players out there if he is only the 20th highest scorer.

well, we will need a DM now for sure, Kamara probably wont be back until christmas 2024, and probably wont be remotely fit and up to speed until the new year of 2025, So somewhere between dec 2024 and feb/mar 2025 before he's fully back with us and hopefully playing to the same level as before.

assuming its a 9-12 month recovery period.

Who should/could we sign in the next window for the defensive midfield spots, assuming we will need to? Sangare, Palhinha or the new sensational deep lying Ross Barclay;)?

During my lunch had a look at some of the DM players, that are statistically close to Kamara. There’s quite a list to go at  

Some on there would have to be loans due to them being at the likes of Man City etc. others we could buy out right. 

Guido Rodriquez (29),  Ruben Neves (26), Ibrahim Sangare (26), Kephrem Thuram (22), Amadou Onana (22), Alan Varela (22), Pablo Maia (22), Andre (22), Lucas Gourna-Douath (21), Ezequil Fernandez (21), Kristjan Asllani (21), Federico Redondo (21), Tyler Morton (21), Hayden Hackney (21), Sivert Mannsverk (21), Maximo Perrone (21), Joao Neves (19)

Edited by burchy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

João Neves is one that quite intrigues me 

Would take a big offer I would imagine. I think we missed a trick with Vermeeren personally.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, burchy said:

Would take a big offer I would imagine. I think we missed a trick with Vermeeren personally.

Agreed, he’d cost a club record fee. Not sure about Vermeeren though. 

2 hours ago, burchy said:

During my lunch had a look at some of the DM players, that are statistically close to Kamara. There’s quite a list to go at  

Some on there would have to be loans due to them being at the likes of Man City etc. others we could buy out right. 

Guido Rodriquez (29),  Ruben Neves (26), Ibrahim Sangare (26), Kephrem Thuram (22), Amadou Onana (22), Alan Varela (22), Pablo Maia (22), Andre (22), Lucas Gourna-Douath (21), Ezequil Fernandez (21), Kristjan Asllani (21), Federico Redondo (21), Tyler Morton (21), Hayden Hackney (21), Sivert Mannsverk (21), Maximo Perrone (21), Joao Neves (19)

The one that I want ooh ooh ooh oh yes indeed….

Sorry….

• Haha 1

I think we might have been earmarking Hackney at Boro as an understudy so could see us going in for him, although he’s a bit more of a CM than a DM (IMHO)

Thuram is a good shout but we should have got him at least a year ago. He’ll be a decent wedge of cash now.

Ruben Neves fits the bill statistically but it’s whether he wants to keep his 240k salary in favour of playing Premier League football again.

Lots of youngsters we can throw the dice at I guess. Kamara was only young when we were sniffing around so there’s talent about.

Over to our scouting team. 

@burchy Joao Neves will cost close to €100mill so scrap that name sadly… Cannot see Citeh parting with Perrone and Redondo is off to Inter Miami so two other ones to cross off.

Edited by thabucks

7 hours ago, MrBlack said:

What's important is we address the squad depth to cope with injuries.

Chambers, Hause and presumably Lenglet will leave us.  So one reliable centre back to replace all of those is a must. Torres had been very reliant with injuries so hopefully a freak lay off for him. Mings should be back,  so one replacing three of the above would be good (and maybe release funds to be used elsewhere).

Elsewhere in defence we could ideally do with selling Cash for a decent amount of money,  and getting a ready replacement. This let's Konsa go back to CB, providing depth there and allowing konsa to still be the cover right back. Unless we think the signing of Nedeljkovic can take that spot?

Hopefully we sell Donk as well and get a reliable DM in to replace him that suits the way we play.

Then assuming we have to buy Archer back I think we solve the alternative option to Watkins (sure some will disagree).

3 or 4 signings,  5 outgoings. Would be ideal window for me. Big ask really.

Some of the surplus, is a hangover, from previous times.....its frustrating, that they are still here, but I guess, contracts, injuries and playing time is difficult to balance.

I think our reserves, for the want of a better word, need to be stronger and the first team needs to have tangible players competing for their shirts....but we are still WIP.

33 minutes ago, TRO said:

Some of the surplus, is a hangover, from previous times.....its frustrating, that they are still here, but I guess, contracts, injuries and playing time is difficult to balance.

I think our reserves, for the want of a better word, need to be stronger and the first team needs to have tangible players competing for their shirts....but we are still WIP.

Absolutely. They're taking up squad places (although realistically we could just leave them out as they virtuality never play), but the real issue is the cashflow money they take up.

So getting rid of them is key to being able to bring in better alternatives.

Coutinho is still with us as well technically, and I can't imagine we're not still covering a chunk of his wages. Forgot him but add him to the sell pile of we can...? The two year loan still has a year to run, but selling him may be preferable if we are covering a wage.

We're hamstrung with previous transfer failings, for most of which the blame lies with Gerrard.

Cash is a victim of a change in formation we've made, although doesn't appear to have fulfilled his potential either. 

WIP is correct, and we've been continually improving since Emery came in. Just imagine the state of our first team if it had 7 of them injured before he arrived! And you'd be left with an out of form Bailey and Watkins as two of the players left. We've come a long way, and it does feel like the final step could be this summers window if we get it right... and don't get the world's worst luck with injuries next year. 

Â