Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

10 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

That little fella who looks a bit like Alexis Mac Allister is pretty decent.

One more stab at CL Leo? Alongside your good friend Emi… 😆

15 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Uruguay is next door to Argentina so Uguarte will suffice lol

Ugarte would be ideal… and genuine competition for Kamara when he returns…

we have to improve the defensive strength and ability of our side and cater for injuries, fatigue and suspensions…

• Like 2

Attacking signings are fun and all… but if we really wanna kick on and avoid losses and conceding of silly goals… we have to bring in defensive reinforcements…

Got to boost that element of the side and become more robust and resilient…

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah Palacios has been linked and may be the quality DM we need (with Kamara unavailable for a while but we need depth and competition anyway. Must improve defensively), more difficult to get Leverkusen players now though and valuations will be high… 

Varela at Porto is another we have apparently scouted…

DM and RB are priorities…

Varela I quite like, another Boca product, but Porto is going to ask you 70 mill for him. He's not worth that, not yet at least. Macca is better and he went for 35 (what a bargain Liverpool got).

Also, don't listen to me and just break the bank for Alan, we get a % of his next sale. 😅

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I'd have Grealish back in heartbeat. Playing for his boyhood club in the CL under Emery is bound to be an attractive proposition to him and Pep clearly has no trust him. Emery loves his midfielders carrying the ball up the pitch from deep which is what Grealish is perfect at. He's still best mates with McGinn and Watkins. His goals and assists for City last season are dreadful for a player of his calibre - he really is being wasted there. 

8q5djs.jpg

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He can piss off…

God, can we please stop living in the past…

He turned his back on us for quick n easy success (and 💰, don’t want us paying him the sort of wedge he is on there!!) why should we run after and pander to him and the bloody media circus (and stupid behaviour) that surrounds him.. NO THANKS. 

Why help him out? He can rot… I have no feeling or affection too toward the guy at all..

let’s move on and look forwards to a wonderful future… there are LOADS of quality and young players out there… up and coming  stars rather than has beens…

We are bigger than him…

Don’t want him anywhere near us…

This is Unai Emery’s claret and blue army!!!

He is the main man!

UTV 💜💙

Show me on the doll where Jack hurt you 

That Veiga kid looks custom built for Premier League football. Him and Rogers would cause PTSD in defenders.

• Like 1

Would like to see us follow up on nico Williams (the Spanish one).

There was plenty of talk around previous bids, him feeling a bit too young and not being fully convinced to leave Bilbao.

£40 million buy out clause was quoted before ? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

There was plenty of talk around previous bids, him feeling a bit too young and not being fully convinced to leave Bilbao.

It was reported that villa moved away from that deal because he was looking for 200k+ a week in wages

6 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Holy batshit we sign Ugarte, Williams, Veiga and Hermoso Unai will start running training sessions in Spanish. 

guess SJM already knows how to sing in the language lol

2 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

It was reported that villa moved away from that deal because he was looking for 200k+ a week in wages

Seems odd as he's on 60k euros pw at the moment. I thought he rejected us saying he wanted to stay at Bilbao this season, wasn't sure if we would progress and still wanted to be near his family at his young age ? 

He's a year older, his pay would be on par with our top earners and he would be in champions league with plenty of Spanish speaking staff and players.

Has anyone watched Hugo Guillamon of Valencia? He was highly-rated at one point (on the Spain squad at the last WC) can play DM or CB and is still only 24. Has 100 games under his belt at Valencia too, so perhaps more ready to step in than others his age. I haven't watched much of him lately but I would bet on Unai to get the best out of him. I'm hoping we find the next Palhinha rather than pay up for the current one (or someone similar). I think it fits better with Kamara's eventual return.

Â