Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

Personally I think we need a new RB/CB and I’d go for Geertruida (1st) or Simakan (2nd).

Then we need a CM, DM cover, LM/LW and possibly a striker. 

Veerman for the CM as he’s class and wouldn’t be too expensive from PSV. I’d like Bakayoko form PsV also but we’re stacked with lefties wide right. 

DM I would have liked Vermeeren but that ship has sailed. Perhaps a punt on a youngster like Seiwald or similar. K Thuram would be nice but he might be a bit pricey. I’ve always liked Caqueret at Lyon. 

For LM I’d love us to break the bank and go for someone like Simons or Wirtz or similar. We need someone on the left that can do what Bailey’s done on the right for us.

If we were going down the LW/IF route then Felix or F Torres would be decent shouts. 

Striker I haven’t got a clue. Liked the look of Openda before he went to Leipzig. Boniface would be good but not sure he’d fit as he plays more from the left. Perhaps a wildcard youngster like Kilicsoy or Konate perhaps.

Would anyone take Lukaku on a short term deal?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, burchy said:

Personally I think we need a new RB/CB and I’d go for Geertruida (1st) or Simakan (2nd).

Veerman for the CM as he’s class and wouldn’t be too expensive from PSV. I’d like Bakayoko form PsV also but we’re stacked with lefties wide right. 

DM I would have liked Vermeeren but that ship has sailed. Perhaps a punt on a youngster like Seiwald or similar. K Thuram would be nice but he might be a bit pricey. I’ve always liked Caqueret at Lyon. 

For LM I’d love us to break the bank and go for someone like Simons or Wirtz or similar. We need someone on the left that can do what Bailey’s done on the right for us.

If we were going down the LW/IF route then Felix or F Torres would be decent shouts. 

Striker I haven’t got a clue. Liked the look of Openda before he went to Leipzig. Boniface would be good but not sure he’d fit as he plays more from the left. Perhaps a wildcard youngster like Kilicsoy or Konate perhaps.

Is this on FIFA on Playstation as no way we are spending like this due to FFP. Absolutely no **** way on Lukaku. Why is no other PL club in for him? For good reason besides the £325k a week wages. He'd be shit back in PL

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, burchy said:

Doing that would put us into a -50 points deduction. It's not fifa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd not want Lukaku within 50 miles of Villa Park let alone on the pitch wearing our shirt. 

Unless we flog a big name and my worry is JJ may end up the FFP sacrifial lamb (I think everything hinges on ECL qualification), then I can see more signing of the like of Rogers. High potential, but cheaper short term. 

If we make ECL then it's clear we need more quality to sustain being competitive at the level we want to be at. No good doing 1 season then finishing 10th cos we ain't got the depth. Then FFP would be an issue. 

It's going to be very interesting that's for sure. 

• Like 1

We surely have to sign Philogene back. Owner trying to play down the clause we have to buy him back I read. He recovered from injury and scored again on his return. He'll count as a Villa home grown player on List B for UEFA competitions too

• Like 2

No one really has any idea on where we are FFP wise as it’s all guess work. If my post above is classed as Football Manager nonsense how much do we think we will spend in the summer (if we qualify for CL)?

I don’t think most of the names I mentioned are unattainable, with possibly Simons, Wirtz the exceptions.

Calciomercato linking us to Frosinone winger Matias Soule. 20 y.o Argentinian on loan from Juve, has 10 goals and 2 assist already in the Serie A.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sne said:

Calciomercato linking us to Frosinone winger Matias Soule. 20 y.o Argentinian on loan from Juve, has 10 goals and 2 assist already in the Serie A.

Seen him a few times and he looks good, very young but those are excellent stats in major league and for a struggling team.

Juventus changed their model a fair bit in recent times and are starting loads of young players these days but you'd think they'd be open to a 30-40m offer with perhaps the standard buy back clause in the deal.

Emi can whisper something in his ear as he's been called up by Argentina before.

On 09/02/2024 at 10:15, burchy said:

No one really has any idea on where we are FFP wise as it’s all guess work. If my post above is classed as Football Manager nonsense how much do we think we will spend in the summer (if we qualify for CL)?

I don’t think most of the names I mentioned are unattainable, with possibly Simons, Wirtz the exceptions.

maybe 30m plus sales

Be interesting to see what we do in defense in the summer. We've already brought in 2 young full backs in Kosta and Sousa. Digne may very well be sold (to Saudi?) and I wouldn't mind seeing Cash sold as I think he's a weak link. That would mean we need a new quality RB (Dumfries?) and maybe a new LB depending on how good Sousa is.

At CB Lenglet will be gone but we will get Mings back. Question is in what shape. Rough injury for such a big guy who will be 31 in a month. Diego Carlos will also turn 31 in a month and while back from his big injury he has been a bit hit/miss. Is he happy with his role and are Villa happy with having 2 30+ CB's on big-ish contracts who are 3rd and 4th choice? Depends on if we get CL football I guess.

Kinda hope we also try and get some big talent 18-22 y.o CB through the door if they don't feel any of our current academy players are ready to step up. Annoyingly Spurs seem to be doing a good job of picking this type of players with van der Veen, Dragusin, (Bergwall) and that Croatian CB Vuskovic. Also looking at Dean Huijsen apparently.

Fwiw I'm happy with what we've been doing and have a lot of faith in Emery and Monchi.

Gonna need to spend big now on a new DM this summer to plug the huge Kamara gap in midfield… I wonder if they’ll go youth option or more experienced now? 

30 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Gonna need to spend big now on a new DM this summer to plug the huge Kamara gap in midfield… I wonder if they’ll go youth option or more experienced now? 

Adrien Rabiot out of contract this summer I think.

Might be scraping the barrel but WBA were meant to be in advanced talks to bring Yann M’Vila in (ex. Sunderland and Olympiacos) on a free. If we just want an experienced, mobile body to sit in CDM and mop up he might provide a cheap option.

Edited by Djemba_Villan
  • Shocked 1

**** me. If we had any luck.....

It's the bloody hope that kills you. 

If all these players come back and can't get their form/quality back we ain't gonna have the ffp room to replace them.

Hopefully the shit luck will change.

Kamara’s injury doesn’t change anything this summer. If he’s out for 4-5 months that’s still June / July, giving him another month before the new season starts at worst. Then it’s a case of him getting his fitness back up.

More importantly, we needed to get a player in that can play the Kamara role anyway, and it was discussed in January quite a bit. I can see us signing someone that we would have signed even if Kamara didn’t get injured.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Kamara’s injury doesn’t change anything this summer. If he’s out for 4-5 months that’s still June / July, giving him another month before the new season starts at worst. Then it’s a case of him getting his fitness back up.

More importantly, we needed to get a player in that can play the Kamara role anyway, and it was discussed in January quite a bit. I can see us signing someone that we would have signed even if Kamara didn’t get injured.

He. Has. Ruptured. His. ACL

He will be out for 8 to 9 months. Then he will need to get match fitness during a season. So really you need to write him off for at least half of next season also.

Just see how much football Buendia plays so you can see how bad ruptured ACLs are. I'd say he'll make 4/5 sub appearances this season. So that's what we should be expecting of Kamara

50 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He will be out for 8 to 9 months. Then he will need to get match fitness during a season. So really you need to write him off for at least half of next season also.

Just see how much football Buendia plays so you can see how bad ruptured ACLs are. I'd say he'll make 4/5 sub appearances this season. So that's what we should be expecting of Kamara

Rupture smupture.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Who knows, but regarding next season he will play more than Buendia will this season. He has done his in Feb rather than August. Fingers crossed he is a quick healer!

Â