Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

20 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I think we'll see 3-4 top signings and a couple of loans or frees to pad out the squad. If we make Champions League I think we won't sell anyone important, if we make no better than Europa I reckon we might have to sell a key player which will suck.

I reckon it could be Ramsey as I can't see us wanting to sell Luiz, Kamara, Martinez, Konsa, Watkins or Pau Torres because they are too important. Diaby is our big money signing so we won't give up on him yet and Bailey has been insanely good this season with a new contract on the way so I don't see us selling him either. But I hope we make Champions League and don't have to sell Ramsey of course.

Other players I think we will sell are: Cash (£20-25m), Digne (£12m), Diego Carlos (£12m), Chambers (£2m), Hause (released), Dendoncker (£8m), Coutinho (£5m), Sanson (£5m) and Olsen (£1m). Zaniolo and Lenglet are likely to go back (although I really want to see Zaniolo come good because I think there's something there). 

Maybe a bit ambitious getting money for Coutinho but if we sold all those players at those prices we'd get around £70m. Then I could see us buying a right back, centre back, holding midfielder and left winger. Maybe another left sided defensive option too. Something like:

1. Molina - £35m

2. Todibo - £30m

3. Palacios - £30m

4. Neto - £50m (dreamland)

5. Hermoso (free)

I reckon we only sign those players if we make Champions League. If we don't maybe it's not as exciting. And I imagine Neto is a no go anyway as the Dogheads wouldn't sell to us. 

Squad looks as follows:

GK: Martinez, Gauci, Sinisalo

RB: Molina, Kosta 

CB: Konsa, Todibo, Pau Torres, Mings

LB: Moreno, Hermoso, Sousa (maybe loaned out)

DM: Kamara, Palacios

CM: Luiz, McGiinn, Tielemans

LM: Ramsey, Neto

RM: Bailey, Diaby

AM: Buendia, Rogers

ST: Watkins, Duran

Don't think we'll sign any of Aaron Ramsey or Archer who have done absolutely nothing this season albeit in poor teams. Don't see them being anywhere good enough for us. Maybe we could sign Philogene back as he looks like he's ready for the Premier League but given we've signed Rogers I'm not sure. 

Neto is a superb player, but he is always injured, while is is a brilliant player, i personally wouldnt take a punt on such an injury prone player.

• Like 1

We need to strengthen in some areas.

Right back centre half as as.clement is going back to barca.

Though....and its only what I've heard....from someone I know who is well in with an ex players and hero at the club and I quote...

Wait till the summer....villa are going big...everyone is proper excited!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Bazmonkey said:

We need to strengthen in some areas.

Right back centre half as as.clement is going back to barca.

Though....and its only what I've heard....from someone I know who is well in with an ex players and hero at the club and I quote...

Wait till the summer....villa are going big...everyone is proper excited!!!

Clement only came in because Mings got injured, Mings will be back next season.

• Like 2

Weren’t we interested in the CB from Peterborough or somewhere like that?

Would like us to look at Antonio Silva or Scalvini. We’d need CL though. 

Edited by burchy

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Nerd-sheet again....

image.thumb.png.378bf0ebffcde159b67e20a1924ab686.png

If we sell Luiz I might just about give up on football. Even if it's on or terms and we get 100m for him,  I'd be gutted to lose him. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

If we sell Luiz I might just about give up on football. Even if it's on or terms and we get 100m for him,  I'd be gutted to lose him. 

i would also be gutted, but for the first time in a long time, i would trust our manager to spend any money we did get well, and buy a top class midfielder to replace him.

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i would also be gutted, but for the first time in a long time, i would trust our manager to spend any money we did get well, and buy a top class midfielder to replace him.

Don't know why you're so insistent to put him on your spreadsheet. Don't see it happening and don't think anyone wants it to. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Don't know why you're so insistent to put him on your spreadsheet. Don't see it happening and don't think anyone wants it to. 

im not insistent, its just that of all names mentioned in reports, its always Luiz's name mentioned, so it seemed logical to use his name until it proves not to be the case.

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

im not insistent, its just that of all names mentioned in reports, its always Luiz's name mentioned, so it seemed logical to use his name until it proves not to be the case.

You've put Carlos on there too but he's never been linked away 🤷‍♂️

There's never been anything substantive linking Luiz away. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Carlos was because i thought getting 100k p/w off our books for a backup CB, might be a good plan with the further reducing salary limits next year.

opinions, i guess.

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

Haven’t Arsenal actually put in offers that we have rejected?

10 hours ago, MrBlack said:

The point is he has 2 years left on his contract. If City come in with a huge offer and he wants to go then we really have little choice other than accepting it. We could just refuse and let him run down his contract one more year hoping we can get him to sign a new contract.

I think we'll be letting Digne, Chambers and KKH leave in summer. We have Sousa and Nedeljkovic as our young LB and RB to progress and provide the needed depth and competition to the squad. I think we require two attacking full backs Moreno and Cash are essentially providing this. We also need 5 CBs to allow us to play with a LB being a LCB (like we did in pre season with Pau there) or a RB be a RCB (like we do now with Konsa). I think Carlos and Mings are perfect for the central point of the back three. Mings will need time to get over his injury and back up to speed so needs to be eased back into it next season, there is a new tactical set up he needs to learn too. Lenglet is going back to Barcelona in summer so I think a key signing for us is another LCB ball progressive passer / carrier like Pau. Also if we can get the attacking right wing back and move Cash on. 

Then for midfield we move on Dendonker and Sanson, so we need another 6 as competition for Kamara. People seem to forget we started the season with high press tactics which failed in a couple of key games. Kamara wasn't suited to pressing high, so the tactical switch where he instead remained a CDM and filled into back 3 was pivotal to our run of form post Liverpool loss. So I think a different profile of player is needed, still a more defensive 6 but one who is suited to the press and all action midfield to chase down teams higher up the pitch. 

I think Buendia is really best suited to playing the second striker role off Watkins or the left sided free 8/10 role. If we think of Bailey/Diaby covering the RM winger slot. We would need to replace Zaniolo but with a player who can play as the central striker or in support. Think of Liverpool who have Nunez as their only Striker and Gakpo is that versatile alternative. We need that profile in. The versatile striker/forward. Ferran Torres is a great example too. 

So that for me would be the 4 key areas for us to solve in summer.

Left Center back who can progress ball and key for build up play

Right Wing Back who can replace Cash and provide consistent attacking threat

Central Midfielder an aggressive 6 to provide alternative to Kamara

Striker / Forward versatile player who can play as Striker or in support

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 2

Â