Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

11 hours ago, CVByrne said:

We'll bring in a RB ala Frimpong

He's RW in a 343 why do people keep calling him an RB? He's a right winger with poor defensive stats for FB

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

This will be incredibly prescient when all that alleged Neuhaus smoke transpires to have  been tentative Koné enquiries. 😬

I nearly said manu kone but I know even less about him 

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's RW in a 343 why do people keep calling him an RB? He's a right winger with poor defensive stats for FB

He's a wing back basically. They play 3 4 1 2. Which is essentially a 3 5 2 

We want a player to play RM when Konsa is RB. Then we want a Wing Back when Konsa in CB. Just look how we've used Cash in both positions.

Edited by CVByrne

I think Mario Hermoso on a free transfer has to be a top target. Lenglet will return to Barca and we need a player similar to Pau to play the LCB role as an attacking progressive passer. It's absolutely key to our play now. 

I see us having 2 young FBs and two wing backs, plus 5 CBs with LCB and RCBs capable of playing in LB or RB. 

15 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think Mario Hermoso on a free transfer has to be a top target. Lenglet will return to Barca and we need a player similar to Pau to play the LCB role as an attacking progressive passer. It's absolutely key to our play now. 

I see us having 2 young FBs and two wing backs, plus 5 CBs with LCB and RCBs capable of playing in LB or RB. 

If we signed hermoso, where do yiu think that leaves mings? 

6 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Wonder will we try to upgrade Diego Carlos with someone who can pass it through the middle of the park the way Torres can but who’s right footed.

I think that this is a certainty. If we don’t sell this year then we will lose any realistic chance of getting a decent return. We will try and replace with a much younger, more mobile centre back.

4 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I would not be surprised if Mings left. Pau is first choice and I doubt big Ty will be happy with that at this stage of his career. It will be a sad day if it happens though. The role he has played in establishing us back in the top flight cannot be understated. He’s a modern day great in my view.

If the right offer came in, I can see us selling more youth for a profit with buy-backs. If Bailey doesn't sign a new deal we should cash in if possible. I trust Monchi and his team to know what we need. If we make CL our income shoots us massively, so we can really have the luxury to make quality additions that will be great first XI options.

On 03/02/2024 at 01:41, Tayls said:

I personally think Kamara will be off before Luiz. Got a feeling he’d go to PSG. 

If it’s a choice out of the two, I’d keep Luiz - he is so good on the ball and is the perfect link between the defence and attack for us, I think that’s much harder to replace. Kamara is a really good defensive midfielder but there should be other good defensive midfielders available 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

If the right offer came in, I can see us selling more youth for a profit with buy-backs. If Bailey doesn't sign a new deal we should cash in if possible. I trust Monchi and his team to know what we need. If we make CL our income shoots us massively, so we can really have the luxury to make quality additions that will be great first XI options.

Bailey's dad has apparently confirmed he is signing a new contract.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

When we play a functional back 3 he's best suited to the central position in the back 3. 

Pau Mings Konsa. 

48 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Wonder will we try to upgrade Diego Carlos with someone who can pass it through the middle of the park the way Torres can but who’s right footed.

I think the right side is fine tbh as we have Konsa at RB or Kamara to drop into RCB in posession. We need a better attacking option down right. It's the Pau side which needs that progressive ball carrier / passer as Pau can't play 60 games a season that we will have if playing regular football in Europe

Edited by CVByrne

I think we'll see 3-4 top signings and a couple of loans or frees to pad out the squad. If we make Champions League I think we won't sell anyone important, if we make no better than Europa I reckon we might have to sell a key player which will suck.

I reckon it could be Ramsey as I can't see us wanting to sell Luiz, Kamara, Martinez, Konsa, Watkins or Pau Torres because they are too important. Diaby is our big money signing so we won't give up on him yet and Bailey has been insanely good this season with a new contract on the way so I don't see us selling him either. But I hope we make Champions League and don't have to sell Ramsey of course.

Other players I think we will sell are: Cash (£20-25m), Digne (£12m), Diego Carlos (£12m), Chambers (£2m), Hause (released), Dendoncker (£8m), Coutinho (£5m), Sanson (£5m) and Olsen (£1m). Zaniolo and Lenglet are likely to go back (although I really want to see Zaniolo come good because I think there's something there). 

Maybe a bit ambitious getting money for Coutinho but if we sold all those players at those prices we'd get around £70m. Then I could see us buying a right back, centre back, holding midfielder and left winger. Maybe another left sided defensive option too. Something like:

1. Molina - £35m

2. Todibo - £30m

3. Palacios - £30m

4. Neto - £50m (dreamland)

5. Hermoso (free)

I reckon we only sign those players if we make Champions League. If we don't maybe it's not as exciting. And I imagine Neto is a no go anyway as the Dogheads wouldn't sell to us. 

Squad looks as follows:

GK: Martinez, Gauci, Sinisalo

RB: Molina, Kosta 

CB: Konsa, Todibo, Pau Torres, Mings

LB: Moreno, Hermoso, Sousa (maybe loaned out)

DM: Kamara, Palacios

CM: Luiz, McGiinn, Tielemans

LM: Ramsey, Neto

RM: Bailey, Diaby

AM: Buendia, Rogers

ST: Watkins, Duran

Don't think we'll sign any of Aaron Ramsey or Archer who have done absolutely nothing this season albeit in poor teams. Don't see them being anywhere good enough for us. Maybe we could sign Philogene back as he looks like he's ready for the Premier League but given we've signed Rogers I'm not sure. 

Edited by Leeroy
  • Like 1

My Wishlist would be:

RB: Frimpong £45m

Rotational DM/CM: Andre £30m

ST/10: Pote/Baena/Moleiro £30-£45m (does anyone have any further suggestions for this Zaniolo type role?)

I think that solves a lot of our issues but a spend north of £100m maybe a bridge too far and would almost certainly need to be funded by sales

Â