Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

No chance I want Grealish back. Leave it in the past.

Worse player than when he left, injury prone, huge doubts over his intelligence and commitment to play in an Emery side.

He spent the first 12 months after leaving exclaiming his shock over how shit his Villa teammates were and how crap training was now he's seen such excellent training at England and City.

This. Didn't some Citeh player(s) say Jack was held back at Villa? Certainly did well to become a 100 million pound player here if so.

"Hi Jack, it's Moyesy...." Jack will be on loan at West Ham next season.

4 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

This. Didn't some Citeh player(s) say Jack was held back at Villa? Certainly did well to become a 100 million pound player here if so.

Jack himself intimated this himself, more than once, and this also rubbed me the wrong way ( even if it were " true " )

I'll never forget how once on England duty, in lead up to summer, he basically implied that Villa players were shite hence why he couldn't really do certain things. ( Again, even if true, just wound me up )

Absolutely not. Could completely destabilise the dressing room. Imagine Grealish coming back in, thinking he's a champions lrague winning big shot and Mr Villa and that the fans love him,  then trying to take complex tactical instruction in imperfect English from Unai.

He would revert to being like a bold child in school who doesn't understand anything the teacher is saying so will spend his days messing and answering back and disrupting. May as well put him straight in the bomb squad. His career is on a downward trajectory, and he will never respect another manager as much as Guardiola.

So many reasons for No. 

Would love us to re-sign Grealish, our best player in my lifetime. Unfortunately he’s 29 next season and would probably cost £40m at least, or a huge loan fee. I can’t see there being any value in it unless Grealish really pushes for an exit and Man City unexpectedly allow him to return home on the cheap

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Jack himself intimated this himself, more than once, and this also rubbed me the wrong way ( even if it were " true " )

I'll never forget how once on England duty, in lead up to summer, he basically implied that Villa players were shite hence why he couldn't really do certain things. ( Again, even if true, just wound me up )

Yes. It is disappointing. Sort of silly too - how did he become a 100 million player if it was so bad for him here? It is a team game.

If Grealish does leave city I can see it being a Saudi league deal as a major boon to their league and a major pay day for Jack where he can not try as hard and still party while playing.

I can’t see him going to a different PL team, more likely abroad if he does leave city. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

If Grealish does leave city I can see it being a Saudi league deal as a major boon to their league and a major pay day for Jack where he can not try as hard and still party while playing.

I can’t see him going to a different PL team, more likely abroad if he does leave city. 

West Ham £60m

My concern with us re-signing Grealish is that we have never had much luck signing players from Man City. Would the hunger to succeed and perform at the top level still be there now he has earned his fortune and won his medals, I am not so sure. He is coming to the twilight of his career now and injuries are more likely as he enters his 30's. With the cost of fee and wages I don't think it would be a wise use of our funds.

I wasn't keen on selling him at the time, but in hindsight I can see the benefits to all parties involved and we re-built on the back of a handsome fee from Man City. We need to think without involving sentimentality to make sure Aston Villa thrives going forward, signing Jack would be a sentimental signing harking back to what he was and not what he will be. I think it would be best to avoid this one.

3 minutes ago, NeilS said:

My concern with us re-signing Grealish is that we have never had much luck signing players from Man City. Would the hunger to succeed and perform at the top level still be there now he has earned his fortune and won his medals, I am not so sure. He is coming to the twilight of his career now and injuries are more likely as he enters his 30's. With the cost of fee and wages I don't think it would be a wise use of our funds.

I wasn't keen on selling him at the time, but in hindsight I can see the benefits to all parties involved and we re-built on the back of a handsome fee from Man City. We need to think without involving sentimentality to make sure Aston Villa thrives going forward, signing Jack would be a sentimental signing harking back to what he was and not what he will be. I think it would be best to avoid this one.

Doug 😢

• Like 1

We got what we needed out of Grealish in the 100m we received from Man City. He's not a £100m player and we did well to rinse them of that much for him. The Villa/Grealish story should end there. Move on peeps

10 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Doug 😢

Haha, how did I forget about Dougie sorry about that.

To be honest though, I don't count Doug as a Man City player because he never played for them in a competitive match and spent most of his short time there on loan. I was thinking more along the lines of Richards, Ireland and Lescott via Albion they were all hopeless and a monumental waste of money for us. Dunne and Given were just ok, but not the best.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YLN said:

Absolutely not. Could completely destabilise the dressing room. Imagine Grealish coming back in, thinking he's a champions lrague winning big shot and Mr Villa and that the fans love him,  then trying to take complex tactical instruction in imperfect English from Unai.

He would revert to being like a bold child in school who doesn't understand anything the teacher is saying so will spend his days messing and answering back and disrupting. May as well put him straight in the bomb squad. His career is on a downward trajectory, and he will never respect another manager as much as Guardiola.

So many reasons for No. 

I think Unai uses a translator to get the instructions across absolutely perfectly in the meetings

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

He's definitely be based in Bahrain for his " Lifestyle " compromise like some of the players 😂

Most live in Bahrain which is an hour or so drive away but is basically a mini party Island, and commute to Saudi.

That being said, there are a few PL clubs who would take him for sure in fairness. ( Loan and/or Loan to Buy )

As well as possibly Germany ( Bayern? ) etc

• Like 1

14 hours ago, paul514 said:

I'd love him to be our ball carrier again

Something he hasnt done in 3 years. If was a player that was good 3 years ago but had no Villa connection would be uproar at the link

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Something he hasnt done in 3 years. If was a player that was good 3 years ago but had no Villa connection would be uproar at the link

There was no uproar before Coutinho joined, rather the opposite. Most people were wetting their pants 😊

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

There was no uproar before Coutinho joined, rather the opposite. Most people were wetting their pants 😊

True but I was complaining 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NeilS said:

Haha, how did I forget about Dougie sorry about that.

To be honest though, I don't count Doug as a Man City player because he never played for them in a competitive match and spent most of his short time there on loan. I was thinking more along the lines of Richards, Ireland and Lescott via Albion they were all hopeless and a monumental waste of money for us. Dunne and Given were just ok, but not the best.

Ireland somehow was our player of the season on McLeish days. 
Lescott didn’t come directly from Man City from what I remember. Richards was free transfer.

Only Sinclair was who we got from them, he didn’t do much but won us against Tesco Bags in our cup run if I’m not mistaken. Our issue was much bigger than buying from City. 

• Like 1

Â