Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

42 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Surely we need Ramsey for the homegrown quota for Europe ? Also who’s paying what’s he’s worth to us after being injured for so long . I’d sell Buendia if we can and also consider selling Moreno. I’d keep Cash for another season as backup unless KKH is considered good enough but can see him going to someone like Southampton if they get promoted for £8-10mill with a buy back clause the club favour. 

Technically speaking you don't have to register any "home grown" players for uefa competition if you don't want to.

Regarding Buendia, if you are worried about not getting fair value for JJ because of the injury, surely we would only get peanuts for Buendia as nobody saw him kick the ball after ACL.

• Like 1

Barkley would be a more reliable Zaniolo, and that's what we need next season.

On his current form he's also not far off the England squad, Barkley could definitely come to Villa and be a consistent performer.

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I’d like to see Barkley under Emery, he’s shown this season that he can excel under a good coach. 

i wouldnt.

If anyone at the club thought signing Barkley would be a remotely good idea, i would instantly get them D & A'd.

• Like 2

I highly doubt the Barkley links, his improved performances for Luton have come as a central midfielder, but in the style that wouldn't suit our system, you wouldn't play him in a two man midfield, we would get overrun, and you certainly wouldn't play him in Kamara's role, he also doesn't suit the Ramsey or McGinn roles, the only place for him in our team would be in the No.10 area, but we've already got Buendia and Rogers for that, plus Tielemans who can also play there, or DIaby if we want to use him as a second striker

At best he would be Tielemans cover, as who he is closest to as a player in our squad, but when everyone's fit Tieleman's himself probably wouldn't be a starter, so not sure we would need another like him, the only way I could see us perhaps signing Barkley is if we cashed in on Tielemans and brought him in as a replacement

He's done very well at Luton, they're saying they want to keep him and who knows, maybe he will realize he's onto a good thing and stay with them, but if he does leave, I suspect he will end up somewhere like Wolves, West ham, maybe Crystal Palace

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I don't think Luiz will leave because I don't think there is a market for him. Who is looking for the creative 6/8 who can afford to pay 80m+ and wouldn't be going for Guimaraes who is slightly the better player and at a club who needs to sell probably one top player.

The interesting thing with Luiz is if he signs a new contract or not. This summer / autumn is when we should be offering him one. 

I still think of we need a sale Ramsey is less key to us than Luiz. Take the Villa fan emotion out of it like Emery and Monchi will and that's the player. Cash is another who could bring in a decent fee too £20m+ 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i wouldnt.

If anyone at the club thought signing Barkley would be a remotely good idea, i would instantly get them D & A'd.

I’d take him before I’d take Grealish back.

• Shocked 4

14 minutes ago, useless said:

but if he does leave, I suspect he will end up somewhere like Wolves, West ham, maybe Crystal Palace

This is the correct answer. He's excelled in a relegation level side and still has something to offer. But not to us. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I’d take him before I’d take Grealish back.

Well I don’t want either back but Grealish is light years ahead of Barkley.  While Barkley has done well for Luton, we are way past him as an option.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Olise release is supposed to be around 60million , city would want at least 50 million for Grealish, thinks if was a choice between the two, it's a no brainer . Olise is only gonna get better and Jack has probably peaked

Edited by pete101

24 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Olise release is supposed to be around 60million , city would want at least 50 million for Grealish, thinks if was a choice between the two, it's a no brainer . Olise is only gonna get better and Jack has probably peaked

No ones paying 50m for Jack, he's shown nothing at city that would warrant it .

1 hour ago, pete101 said:

Don't think we'll be spending that on any one player this window tbh. 

Â