villan95

27 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If we lose or draw this one, I think we will be stuck in our slump maybe until Pau and or Digne come back.

Sounds like they'll both be back for Man Utd. 

I don't think we can really use this as an excuse not to win this one though, Sheffield Utd have key defenders out too in Egan and Baldock and are bottom on 10 points. And in midfild and the attacking areas we are pretty much at full strength. 

• Like 2

Against Newcastle tThere seemed to be a lack of leadership in defence, at set-pieces, and so with the main men still missing, I expect a nail-biter.

There was also a lack of connection between the midfield and the strikers, and so it's important Bailey starts, and Tielemans gets his touch and vision back.

On present form, a draw would seem like a decent result.

3 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Against Newcastle tThere seemed to be a lack of leadership in defence, at set-pieces, and so with the main men still missing, I expect a nail-biter.

There was also a lack of connection between the midfield and the strikers, and so it's important Bailey starts, and Tielemans gets his touch and vision back.

On present form, a draw would seem like a decent result.

It really wouldn't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

How are people predicting we "nick a point" - get a grip! We're one of six best teams in the league and playing the worst team in the league. Honestly Villa fans man

You not seen us play the last 6 games? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is going to be hard work, just hope we can find a way.

I'd go with:

Martinez

Konsa               Carlos            Lenglet           Moreno

Kamara

McGinn         Luiz

Tielemans

Bailey

Watkins

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

You not seen us play the last 6 games? 

Yes. I was also paying attention to the six months before that and the six months before that. Have you seen Sheffield United this season?

I just don't get the mindset. We have better players, a better manager, we are quicker, technically better and far better drilled than Sheffield United. There's no comparison. I'm sure that's what Unai will be saying to the players as well.

1 hour ago, wedge said:

I'd go with:

Martinez

Kamara

McGinn         Luiz

Tielemans

Bailey

Watkins

With Pau out I think that’s the right starting line up. I think we need a big performance from the three pulling the strings in the middle of the park (Luiz, McGinn and Youri). 

And as always we need to take chances when they present. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

How are people predicting we "nick a point" - get a grip! We're one of six best teams in the league and playing the worst team in the league. Honestly Villa fans man

well that maybe an eye test of what folk have been watching lately.....we have won 1 in 5. on par with Fulham, crystal palace and Brighton....so lets not get too carried away.

The league table is based over 22 games so far.....the last 5 is our present form.....make your choice.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is a team that is going to finish rock bottom of the league. Nothing but 3 points is acceptable really. 

We got robbed at home. Only way we don’t win is if we get robbed again. 

I don't accept the emboldened bit...you usually get what you deserve. IT could be argued, we was lucky to get anything.

You get what you work, to take.....going through the motions, is not work.....running without conviction, is not work......Playing within your capabiliities, is not work....passing for passing sake is self indulgent.

We are not working hard enough, in the true sense of the game.

You have to force wins, they don't come gift wrapped.

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Expecting football fans not to feel super nervous and a little crazy about the next match — when they’ve been slumping and drew their last match against said team — is sort of asking a lot!

Edited by Marka Ragnos

2 hours ago, wedge said:

I'd go with:

Martinez

Kamara

McGinn         Luiz

Tielemans

Bailey

Watkins

Sheffield Utd united, will want to make it hard work for us......We show, initially, we are not afraid of that hard work, and the intiative will be won....then and only then, it becomes easier, because we are a more talented team.

Talent has to work hard.....for Talent to work.

2 hours ago, wedge said:

I'd go with:

Martinez

Kamara

McGinn         Luiz

Tielemans

Bailey

Watkins

very narrow.

• Like 1

I can't stand the 4 in midfield. Too narrow Like Tro says. Play Diaby and Bailey  either side of Watkins.  Emery needs to change up we've been found out. Get some width in the team.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 4

I think we'll come out firing tomorrow. The players will be biting at the bit to prove that their recent form is nothing more than a temporary slump. Emery knows his players, I like the fact he didn't criticise them in front of the cameras after the Newcastle game. The second - half wasn't for lack of effort and had the Watkins offside gone the other way, I think we may well have gotten another two, never mind another one. Emery saying he was proud of them is just his way of saying, "I am with you when we're winning and I am with you when we struggle," because no team goes through a season without facing some adversity. Let's see how we react tomorrow, because I'm fairly confident that another winning run is on the agenda.

Come on me Babbys!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Indigo said:

For me:

Martinez 

Konsa-Carlos-Lenglet-Moreno

Bailey-Kamara-Luiz-McGinn

Tielemans

Watkins

I'm in the minority but feels like a good time in the season to give SJM a breather. He's been off it for a month and it's important he's on it v Chelsea and Man. United as we need results from those games.

Either bring in Ramsey if he can manage an hour or just go with Bailey and Diaby either side of Ollie.

32 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'm in the minority but feels like a good time in the season to give SJM a breather. He's been off it for a month and it's important he's on it v Chelsea and Man. United as we need results from those games.

Either bring in Ramsey if he can manage an hour or just go with Bailey and Diaby either side of Ollie.

There's a possibility Rogers could start is there. I think Tielemans is the one I wouid leave out in midfield. Its so important se win this. Not saying the cup game isn't but we can't waste an incredible first half of the season and end up like we did under Gregory.