villan95

19 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I think we will nick a point.

Sheffield are a top 8 championship standard team. The fact that you think we might "nick" a point is a sad state of where we are at. We should be looking to put this tin pot team way by at least 2 or 3 goals and Unai has to find a way to do that to restore confidence.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Sheffield are a top 8 championship standard team. The fact that you think we might "nick" a point is a sad state of where we are at. We should be looking to put this tip pot team way by at least 2 or 3 goals and Unai has to find a way to do that to restore confidence.

We nicked a point against them at "fortress" Villa Park. This will be harder and they will smell blood. A draw here would be a decent result without Torres and with current form.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

We have a real problem at the moment. There was a lot of playing badly but winning since Man City, apparently the sign of a good team. Now we're playing badly and dropping points.

If teams sit back we have real trouble to breaking them down and our high line leaves us vulnerable to the counter.

If teams high press we try to play quick balls and give it away in midfield (and our high line leaves us vulnerable to the counter).

I'm hoping Unai can turn it around on Saturday. If we really have a top 4 chance we need to be beating the team bottom of the league. Bailey has to start

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Brilliant, what a pair of wizard’s sleeve’s to get lumbered with.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I think we will nick a point. Our form is poor and they will be up for this but I think we can get a draw.

1-1

They're completely demoralised.

They've got ten points and its February.

Worse still they lost their last game having been ahead, and Luton, one of their only hopes of a team they can finish above, absolutely battered Brighton 4 nil.

Not winning here would be bizarre.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, villa89 said:

I 100% disagree. It would be a disaster.

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

They're completely demoralised.

They've got ten points and its February.

Worse still they lost their last game having been ahead, and Luton, one of their only hopes of a team they can finish above, absolutely battered Brighton 4 nil.

Not winning here would be bizarre.

We didn't beat them at home, we are on a poor run of form but not beating them would be "bizarre"?

After the Newcastle I was thinking there is a bit of pressure on this game. Don’t win here and that would be 1 win in 6 (I think). 

Looking at our record under Emery this season. Lost to Newcastle, Liverpool, Forest and Man Utd. The game after we beat Everton, Palace, Fulham and Burnley. Guess you could argue they were home games and this is away but the point is we usually win the game after a loss. 

Ideally Spurs lose away to Everton in the 12.30 kick off and we head into this game knowing a win would take us back into the top 4 and 3 points clear again. Not expecting an easy game as Sheff Utd are desperate for points but I fancy us to get the job done here. 2-1 Villa

6 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

We didn't beat them at home, we are on a poor run of form but not beating them would be "bizarre"?

That's the bizarre part. 

They lose the vast vast majority of the games they play hence why they are already as good as relegated.

We have been one of the best teams in the league this season

You wouldn't find it weird that we can't beat them not once but twice?

We have to find a way, to win the right to play.....belly aching about referee's is just negative. Ther is simply no outcome to it, except wallow in self pity.

Its on us to turn this around, not look to referee's to bail us out......we have to impose our authority on the game, then and only then, do we secure the right to play football.

Looking at the league table alone, there should be no other outcome, but a win for us.....anything else is poor.

This team has to stop feeling sorry for itself, because thats how they have been playing recently.....They need to find the form that got us to where we are, and dump this insipid, turgid, self indulgent offering.

This football we are dishing up, is a betrayal to the game we administered in our early season form.....its in stark contrast.

I don't know, if its a blip, a wobble, or back to the dark old days, of previous contributions....but the players are the only ones , who can get us back to respectability....and waiting for things to happen, won't suffice, making things happen, will.

Edited by TRO