villan95

19 hours ago, villa89 said:

Sheffield are a top 8 championship standard team. The fact that you think we might "nick" a point is a sad state of where we are at. We should be looking to put this tip pot team way by at least 2 or 3 goals and Unai has to find a way to do that to restore confidence.

Spot on.....You have to respect the opposition in all games.....but respecting yourself, is a good start too, and by respecting the position, we got ourselves in, might be a precursor to applying the right attitude, towards this game.

If we go in to this game, with any other mindset, other than blitzing them, we are doomed.....but that is not suggesting, a casual, half hearted arrogant approach, due to our league position.....its is suggesting, we live up to our league position and impose ourselves on them.

Unai, says quite often he is demanding....lets see it, Unai.

Edited by TRO

This is going to be a horrible, excruciating watch of us being low blocked to death. They know exactly what to do and a point for them would be great.

Hopefully, we just need to get that first goal somehow. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Can anyone confirm if Pau Torres will be fit or should I start an online order for 'drowning the sorrows' beer?

Even if he’s not injured anymore, he’s barely played since early December so I can’t see him featuring much.

41 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

How are people predicting we "nick a point" - get a grip! We're one of six best teams in the league and playing the worst team in the league. Honestly Villa fans man

To be fair, we were one of the 3 best while Pau was fit, since his injury we're far more average. That said, it's still miles better than Sheffield United so absolutely should be winning this. 

Hopefully Emery gets the right balance of respect and confidence instilled in our players for this game. 

It's time to turn our form around, and playing the worst team this league has seen for a long time is a great opportunity to do that. 

• Like 2

Hopefully lessons have been learned from the home game and the below par performances since. Konsa to right back and Bailey must start .

4 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

This is going to be a horrible, excruciating watch of us being low blocked to death. They know exactly what to do and a point for them would be great.

I don't see how a point for them is great. They are 9 points from safety so 99.9% certain to go down and are in last chance saloon in terms of the 0.1% chance of staying up. I think also being at home they'll be more inclined to have a go than they were at VP. That isn't to say they'll be gung ho though. 

The home game against them 6 weeks ago is a bit of a freak. We had 80% possession, had a perfectly good goal ruled out after a hour which would have seen Sheff Utd have to come at us and I'd imagine we'd have scored another couple off the back of that. We were also denied two stonewall penalties. We play like we did in the home game tomorrow then we'll win it as those decisions are highly unlikely to go against us again.

I'm predicting a win by two or three goals based on the simple fact we are way better than them if we play anywhere close to what we are capable of doing, and I expect we will get a reaction to a very rare defeat for us on Tuesday. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

How are people predicting we "nick a point" - get a grip! We're one of six best teams in the league and playing the worst team in the league. Honestly Villa fans man

We were the 2nd best team in the league having won 13 in a row at home when we drew with a last minute equaliser tbf

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Genuinely f*ck the f*ck off with all these injuries, p*ssing me right off. 

Pau Torres had no injuries at Villareal in 4 seasons, comes here and he's out for nearly 2 months in his first season. Obviously. 

And even though everyone sh*ts on Zaniolo him being out tomorrow makes our bench even more threadbare than it already was. 

17 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Genuinely f*ck the f*ck off with all these injuries, p*ssing me right off. 

Pau Torres had no injuries at Villareal in 4 seasons, comes here and he's out for nearly 2 months in his first season. Obviously. 

And even though everyone sh*ts on Zaniolo him being out tomorrow makes our bench even more threadbare than it already was. 

Well you'd assume Rogers would be on there in his place

22 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Well you'd assume Rogers would be on there in his place

I'm sure he will be, but he won't have trained much and no one knows what he is capable of at this level. Be interesting to see how he does if he does come on. 

I imagine it will be:

Martinez

Konsa Carlos Lenglet Moreno

Bailey Kamara Luiz McGinn

Tielemans

Watkins

Subs: Olsen, Wright, Chambers, KKH, Cash, Iroegbunam, Ramsey, Rogers, Diaby

A lot of youngsters on that bench and not that much proven quality outside of Cash, Ramsey and Diaby. We need to start well, score early, and control the game so if we bring some youngsters on they are not thrown in at the deep end. There's a lot of attacking quality there to win & score goals, although I personally would try Bailey and Diaby either side of Watkins but I don't think he will. 

Edited by Leeroy
  • Like 1

We will play far too slowly in front of their defence and won’t have the guile, effort or application required to unlock it. Another frustrating 0-0 followed by spurs leapfrogging us after a comfortable win for them away at Everton. Top 6 should be the aim now, it’s disappointing but we lack the depth of the clubs above us and failed to spend in the window due to FFP/other reasons

15 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

We will play far too slowly in front of their defence and won’t have the guile, effort or application required to unlock it. Another frustrating 0-0 followed by spurs leapfrogging us after a comfortable win for them away at Everton. Top 6 should be the aim now, it’s disappointing but we lack the depth of the clubs above us and failed to spend in the window due to FFP/other reasons

you got the 6 numbers for tomorrows lottery you can share please? B)

Edited by imavillan
  • Haha 1